Steamlink $15 at amazon

muskie

Reaction score
I'ts not bad for what it is. Certain games it is great for. Twitchy shooters and stuff not so much. Things like local multiplayer platformer arcade kind of games it is great.

I used to sit and play GTA from my couch with it pretty well. I wouldnt try and play Battlefield or anything as there is some input lag.

tinfoilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Ive had no problems with mine playing south park and minecraft while sitting on the couch and streaming from my pc.

But i also have everything wired. wireless + streaming games = shitty time.

it works great if your network is good.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
Mine also works great and I mostly play WOT on it so I’d have issues if it were laggy. It can also directly mirror your comp to your tv. I’m over WiFi for my connection.

ragingclue

Donating Member
Reaction score
What controllers do you guys use for general navigation while remote from the PC? I was thinking of getting this but wasn't sure about that part.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
I just use a Logitech wireless keyboard/mouse I picked up for cheap. You can use x box controllers too for gaming.

muskie

Reaction score
If you have latency issues and are using a wireless controller or keyboard/mouse you can also just leave it plugged into the PC. Helps a little bit if your PC is close enough to the TV that you can be in range.

tinfoilhat

Donating Member
Reaction score
What controllers do you guys use for general navigation while remote from the PC? I was thinking of getting this but wasn't sure about that part.
I plug my Xbox one elite controller in the usb on the link.

I also have a 10ft USB extension cable so I can sit on the couch.

Fish

From the mean streets....
Donating Member
Reaction score
If you’re a controller person, the steam one is weird. I prefer Xbox.
I have both and my steam controller is bluetooth. :dunno:

I used it for some Telltale games and it worked great. Just not enough HDMI ports on my TV to make it viable for now. I really need to get another HDMI switch, but Im also running out of plugs.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
I meant using it compared to the Xbox controllers. I just couldn’t get used to the controls

ragingclue

Donating Member
Reaction score
Ugh, XBox One wired controllers aren't cheap.... I've had bad experiences with knockoffs in the PS realm and with the 64, are the XBox one knockoffs shitty too? I want to get this but the controller aspect makes it kinda pricey.

tinfoilhat

Donating Member
Reaction score
Ugh, XBox One wired controllers aren't cheap.... I've had bad experiences with knockoffs in the PS realm and with the 64, are the XBox one knockoffs shitty too? I want to get this but the controller aspect makes it kinda pricey.
Xbox 360 controllers. Can be found super cheap.

ragingclue

Donating Member
Reaction score
Where's the best place to find new ones that are OEM?

Fish

From the mean streets....
Donating Member
Reaction score
I meant using it compared to the Xbox controllers. I just couldn’t get used to the controls
I must have just glanced at your post cause I thought you said wired and not weird. :rofl:

It is weird, but for telltale games, it actually works very well once you get used to it.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Reaction score
My problem with the steam link was when I had foot surgery in 2015, I played classic games on it from my PC to bedroom TV about 15FT away, directly blocked by a single wall. After about an hour or so of gameplay, playing FFVII, the game would stop playing. This happened with any FF game, Baldur's Gate, etc.

Could be defective, but, it works for a couple of hours, then needs to be rebooted and what have you. Not a bad device by any means, though.

tinfoilhat

Donating Member
Reaction score
I have used mine for hours without any reboots. Easily 4+ hours without issues.

Was the FF game bought through steam?

IDAFC21

WOW.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Got my $15 steam link yesterday. Today I impulse ordered up an $18 logitech wireless keyboard w/ mouse trackpad to pair with it since it was part of their goldbox sale today.

SMKE EM

Banned
Reaction score
I bought it with 2 controllers last year, was basically a box used for remote desktop'ing into your PC.....not good for FPS or anything you need to move fast.

Good for maybe emulators or slow 2d based games

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom