Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I thought we had a thread on this but I'm not gonna bother looking for it. Saw this on another site.

Basically, long orbit satellites all over the world providing internet to rural areas, etc.

Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 5.54.22 PM.png

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I need this for my dads. He’s the intended target for this service since he’s so rural. His DSL is at dual-up speeds.

Been waiting a few years for it go public. But fuck is $100 steep, plus the buy-in for the hardware, which I think is $500.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I thought we had a thread on this but I'm not gonna bother looking for it. Saw this on another site.

Basically, long orbit satellites all over the world providing internet to rural areas, etc.

View attachment 78808
Did you receive the offer via email? Signed up myself and my dad but neither got a response for public beta.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
It’s really not that bad. Especially if this is the only alternative to remote internet providers. I’m on the list for this. The new house surprisingly has very little options. Att and Comcast literally stop like 2-3 miles down the road per their map. So we have to use a local dsl cellular type provider that gives speeds of 30-50 mbps a month for 90 dollars.

This is actually going to be nice to have once it comes out. Hughesnet and other satellite providers are a joke. I’ve read they advertise 25 mbps but you get maybe 1

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info