SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Dollar sign goes before the number...
current customer 300mbps package....$140
Anyways... I have the gig package (internet only) for $80/mo that I got in October of 2020, which is good for two years. Had to add on the unlimited (which pisses me off) for another $30. I am fretting about this September when I have to call comcrap to try to negotiate a new deal.

Fingers crossed that there will be another option, like AT&T Fiber or Google Fiber, but keeping my expectations extremely low, like right around comcrap satisfaction levels. If I really have to I'll cancel the service and have the g/f start it in her name instead to get a new promotion deal.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
How is the latency now that you have it wired. It is wired now, right?
just ran it 5 times. 20-41ms

this was my highest ping

1655312069099.png

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Dollar sign goes before the number...

Anyways... I have the gig package (internet only) for $80/mo that I got in October of 2020, which is good for two years. Had to add on the unlimited (which pisses me off) for another $30. I am fretting about this September when I have to call comcrap to try to negotiate a new deal.

Fingers crossed that there will be another option, like AT&T Fiber or Google Fiber, but keeping my expectations extremely low, like right around comcrap satisfaction levels. If I really have to I'll cancel the service and have the g/f start it in her name instead to get a new promotion deal.
jack off please GIF

• Haha
Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010

STARLINK FOR RVs​

Immediately access high-speed, low-latency internet on an as-needed basis at any destination where Starlink provides active coverage. $135/mo with a one-time hardware cost of $599.

Starlink's new Flat High Performance designed for in-motion use is now available, delivery beginning December 2022.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Apparently we witnessed a Spacelink launch tonight while on our bike ride. Around 720pm-ish, we saw something in the sky with a long red contrails. Never saw anything like that and we're pretty far from Cape Canaveral.
Yeah those are the falcon 9 rockets. Those are the baby ones. Wait until you see the Falcon heavy go. Its like watching a comet. Super bright and it lights up the night sky. They are unreal. And you need to take a trip to the coast for one at some point as well. Seeing them up close is life changing.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Yeah those are the falcon 9 rockets. Those are the baby ones. Wait until you see the Falcon heavy go. Its like watching a comet. Super bright and it lights up the night sky. They are unreal. And you need to take a trip to the coast for one at some point as well. Seeing them up close is life changing.

The only reason I'm hesitant is that the launches get scrubbed somewhat frequently. It's a haul to go and have them scrap at the last minute. But I guess if we make a whole weekend of it, it'd increase our chances.

I think the original launch was supposed to be on Sunday, but it got pushed to last night.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
The only reason I'm hesitant is that the launches get scrubbed somewhat frequently. It's a haul to go and have them scrap at the last minute. But I guess if we make a whole weekend of it, it'd increase our chances.

I think the original launch was supposed to be on Sunday, but it got pushed to last night.
Yeah agree on that. The winter ones are scrubbed a lot less though due to weather vs the summer ones. So at least you have that going for you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info