Gaming Starfield (Skyrim in space!)

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
The game was much shorter than I expected, unless I'm missing some side missions somewhere.
I checked on-line and of the known "significant" side missions, I finished all but one. I'm not counting the "activities" where most of the tasks are to just find a slate or deliver a package.

That last side mission never materialized in my game and apparently is hard to get started.
The mission is named "Juno's Gambit".

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Gave my mantis ship a major overhaul yesterday. I've been modding it and adding habs and modules as I've been playing, but I was really starting to dislike the layout of it. Because with my layout, I had to have my cockpit on the 2nd level of my ship because it just didnt look right on the bottom, so that meant every time I wanted to get in and out of my cockpit I had to go up and down a ladder, which really started annoying me after awhile. I had a 2x1 captains quarters on the bottom, a 3x1 all in one in the middle, and then a 2x1 workshop on the top, plus I had a 1x1 companionway shoved in there there just to fill up a space and those things really are worthless. So I stripped everything down (i really am starting to like the ship builder in this game, the way you can select groups and separate whole sections at a time and disect everything. It kinda is like playing w/ legos :ROFLMAO: )

So instead of continuing to make the ship taller, I made it shorter and wider. I moved my 3x1 all in one to the bottom, and then to right of it, I moved my 2x1 workshop, and then to the left of it, I added a 2x1 science lab. I kept my 2x1 captains quarters and put that on the 2nd level since I don't really need to go up there much. Now my cockpit (which I also changed out for a new one), and everything else I need is on one level and I can access everything as soon as i get in the ship. And adding the science hab means I can now pretty much do everything i need from my ship if i had to. I also upgraded my storage unit and changed a couple other minor things around. There really is very little left of the original mantis ship now :ROFLMAO: Basically its just the name now, but I am LOVING my new layout. Its so much nicer. And I pretty much kept the same weight as well, so even adding the science hab which I didnt have before, I still didnt lose any maneuverability or light year distance.

fwFgkqN.png

I also just went thru an entire biotics lab and cleared out all the pirates w/out anyone even seeing me or knowing I was there. :ROFLMAO: I love my sniper rifle I've built. That really gave me vibes of clearing out outposts in far cry 3.

I am going thru the crimson fleet faction missions right now, working undercover for sysdef to take them down. I picked up a bug during one of the missions where i now have a constant warning of incoming extreme weather, telling me to seek shelter. I read about the some ways you can possibly fix that, so I'll have to try those out later and see if I can get that to clear. Doesn't really interfere w/ anything, but its still annoying. Once I'm thru w/ the crimson fleet missions, I think it might finally be time to complete the final 2 story missions.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
That was the landing pad at the biotics lab I was just at. When I saw that the conditions on this planet were quite earth-like I had to touch down and see what it was like.

I do have an outpost I built on some random moon, but its little more than a building w/ nothing in it except a bed, a storage crate, and a desk where I shoved a crewmate to "look after" the place. I also have a helium 3 extractor there and a aluminum extractor to mine resources, but the power generator that runs everything needs helium 3 to run, so......Its kind of a zero sum :ROFLMAO: Really the only reason I have it, is because it's in unregulated system, so I put a bounty clearance board in my outpost so I can land there and clear any bounties I might incur out there, plus I built a ship landing pad, which lets you access the ship building services and you pretty much access to most of the ship parts in the game from one spot

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
That's a good looking ship!
Too bad they don't have an "export ship" feature so you can give the design to other people.

Thanks! Im quite pleased with this version. Wish I would've taken a before pic. I think I might be able to load up an old save from before so I can post up what it did look like. (i just kinda kept slapping things on top of each other :ROFLMAO: )

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
nytebyte nytebyte

So just for fun, and those that don't know, here's what the Mantis ship looks like in its stock form when you acquire it

(not my pic)
wzEyY7ppQmV9bbUauGm5bR-1200-80.jpg

And through the course of the game, here's what it turned into for me after modding it and just slapping shit on top of shit :ROFLMAO:

i3vu7c9.png

DywQyCH.png

H3G2ASj.png

And now here's my current version. Still KINDA looks like the Mantis ship, just flatter and wider :ROFLMAO:. In fact the rear landing thrusters, boosters, and engines, and the airlock bay are the only original mantis parts left on this ship I think. For now.

xbH0sSE.png

Sndy20s.png

qiewAGy.png

• Love
Reactions: nytebyte

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
So, I thought I had been taking over facilities a little TOO easily lately, and as it turns out, since I am technically in the crimson fleet gang right now, as long as I'm in a spot thats occupied by them, they don't see me as a threat so they don't attack :ROFLMAO: I can just walk right up to them and shoot them in the face.

It definitely doesn't feel very sporting tho.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Finally got that bugged "incoming weather" warning cleared. Followed this post I found on reddit. Worked like a charm

Go to Procyon III (Porycon A System. West of Sol System) Land in wetlands biome, Build outpost with a chair, sit in the chair and wait for 24 hours, during the wait time you should hear the noise from your watch you usualy hear when extreme weather is aproaching, after you hear that, stop the wait and enter your ship, the warning should be gone. (You have to start waiting in clear weather first, so if you land and it's arelady extreme weather wait until it's clear, or land somewhere else) This might take few tries, personaly I got the sound on my third 24 hour wait around half way through the wait.

Reactions: nytebyte

Thread Info