giphy.gif

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
The VA cast for this show is pretty stacked.

Looks pretty stupid though.
The Voice Cast for He-Man was stacked too, and look at how that turned out.

I've never been a fan of the way some American IP's get translated into Japanese shorts. It never feels quite right. Usually comes off worse. The Japanese X-Men and Avengers anime's were unwatchable.

Short stories can work, some of the Halo shorts were good, but some were terrible.

that said, Star Wars itself was heavily influenced by Spaghetti Westerns and Samurai films of the era.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
The Voice Cast for He-Man was stacked too, and look at how that turned out.

I've never been a fan of the way some American IP's get translated into Japanese shorts. It never feels quite right. Usually comes off worse. The Japanese X-Men and Avengers anime's were unwatchable.

Short stories can work, some of the Halo shorts were good, but some were terrible.

that said, Star Wars itself was heavily influenced by Spaghetti Westerns and Samurai films of the era.
The story could be great, it's just the art style that they use for Anime I find to be a bit ridiculous.

Reactions: Dan00Hawk

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Finished this up last night. Wasn't bad really. I liked all the different animation styles and different takes on the star wars universe. Its actually kinda nice to have something non canon for once that you can just watch on its own merit and not have to think about where it "fits"

And I don't know if this was planned or not, but I got kind of a kick out of how in almost every episode

One of the characters always says "I've got a bad feeling about this" :ROFLMAO:

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Watched up to #4 tonight.

1 was great. Excellent style. And I loved the Japanese chants.

2 was fun and silly.

3 was utter trash. Got about halfway through it and just skipped the rest.

4 was a great short and the music was phenomenal. Got some Enya vibes.

will pick up the rest tomorrow.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Finished it up.

#5 The Ninth Jedi was entertaining. Predictable.

#6 - T0-B1 - mostly garbage. Tried to watch, ended up stopping halfway through.

#7 - The Elder, way too fucking slow, poor use of time. Skipped to the end, saw the fight, skipped to the next one. Tries to be artsy and deep by lots of slow dialogue and extended silences. Emulating early samurai films, but doing a poor job of it.

#8 - Lop & Ocho. The animation style is energetic and fun. Predictable story. The animation saves this one and makes it worth watching.

Basically, 1, 2, 4, 5, and 8 are the ones worth watching. 3, 6, 7, and 9 never should have made the cut.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info