Movie Star Wars Prequel Trilogy/ The Anti-Cheese edits

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
So I was perusing my torrent site of choice and came across a set that peaked my interest. It was called the Anti-Cheese edit of the Star Wars prequel trilogy. After reading some of the changes, I might have to give it a watch. Here is a list for all the movies.

The Phantom Menace:

• Nemoidian and Gungan voices are re-vocalized with alien dialect and subtitled.
  • Journey to Gungan underwater city removed
  • Jar Jar is now a useful character instead of an annoying tag-along
  • Nemoidians are much more devious and less cowardly
  • Childish Battle Droid dialog removed
  • Queen Amidala’s voice is pitch-shifted back to her normal pitch. (Still could not remove her horrible British accent)
  • Naboo pilot Ric Olié’s endless plot exposition removed when appropriate
  • Midichlorian references removed
  • Anakin immaculate conception removed
  • All fart and poop jokes removed
  • Anakin is edited to be a more deliberate hero instead of an accidental one.
  • Removed as many “Yippe!” and “Whoa!” and “Whee!” exclamations as possible.
  • Removed the two headed pod race announcer
  • Shortened the podrace intro scene and tightened the whole race for more tension
  • Removed the entire sequence of trying to capture the Viceroy at the end.

Attack of the Clones:

Following in my tradition of editing the Prequels, I give you the Anti-Cheese version of Attack of the Clones. This film had some cool stuff in it, but was horribly mangled by the awful dialog and acting, especially between Padme and Anakin. There was also a lot of extra cheese in this one as well that needed to go. So, Anakin and Padme’s scenes were drastically edited to make Anakin way less whiny and petulant, and most of the cringe-worthy dialog was removed. Jar-Jar’s voice as well as the voice of the Neimodians were either removed or replaced. Several scenes were removed entirely, most notably Anakin’s breakdown in the shop at the Lars homestead after killing the sandpeople, and R2 and C3PO are removed entirely from the ending battle in the droid factory and the arena. Those scenes were just too much cheese for my liking. There’s about 100 other little edits that tighten things up and helped this fatty lose about 20 minutes of run-time- and frankly I think it’s for the better. Again, your mileage may vary.

Revenge of the Sith:

As the final chapter in my Prequel Anti-Cheese anthology, I present to you my edit of Revenge of the Sith. Before you ask, yes- I took out Vader screaming “NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!” at the end. Honestly, I thought that was about all I needed to do, because Jar Jar only said 2 words in this film so I thought it would be an easy edit. Turns out that I needed to cut about 15 minutes of cheese in order to get this baby down to about 2 hours and 5 minutes.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I might try to watch EP1 tomorrow. Finally moved these over to my Plex server along with posters to distinguish them from the Blu Ray versions.

P7dwKuw.jpg

zaJ1C2x.jpg

epwoOmW.jpg

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Ep 8, woops

Found it for you.

https://originaltrilogy.com/topic/STAR-WARS-Last-Jedi-The-Anti-Cringe-Cut/id/61716

Cut:

• The blonde rebel girl in the beginning saying “Oh no” as she sees the Star Destroyers popping up
  • The silly face General Hux makes while looking at his officer when Poe approaches them alone
  • Poe “phone pranking” General Hux at the beginning
  • BB8’s Whack-A-Mole joke and bashing his head into the circuit to repair Poe’s ship cannons
  • Aerial shot of Rey walking up to Luke
  • Luke throwing away his light saber and Rey retrieving it later
  • Almost all Porg scenes
  • Rey explaining to Luke what Chewbacca is saying after they burst into his hut
  • Luke’s weird milking scene
  • Leia coming back from the dead after being sucked out into space
  • All of Leia’s appearances after her “death”
  • Admiral Holdo berating Poe
  • Poe being frustrated about Admiral Holdo’s behavior
  • Poe’s coup against Admiral Holdo
  • Maz Kanata’s silly phone call
  • Finn’s side quest on Canto Bight (and the whole Code-breaker nonsense)
  • Rose’s introduction
  • Rey nearly killing the island nuns with a rock
  • Luke falling down after Rey hits him on the head from behind.
  • Captain Phasma
  • BB8 going on a killing spree
  • Finn trying to sacrifice himself in the battle on Crait and Rose “saving” him
  • Rose kissing Finn while the Rebel Base is being blown up in the background
  • Luke dying
Added:

• Deleted scene where Poe is getting a distress call from the rebel base in the beginning
  • Deleted scene where Luke is mourning Han
  • Deleted scene where the island nuns are introduced
  • Deleted scene where Poe explains to Finn what happened while he was in a coma
  • Deleted scene showing Luke’s third lesson to Rey (involving the island natives)
  • Two aerial shots from a documentary of Skellige island (Ahch-To island) that serve as transitions between scenes
  • Some classic Star Wars scene transitions here and there
  • Background music in some scenes and scene transitions (only using the OST for The Last Jedi)
Changed:

• The intro crawl text changed slightly to include that Snoke has been training “his apprentice Kylo Ren” and that the rebels are certain that “young Rey will find Luke Skywalker and with his help restore a spark of hope to the fight”.
  • Moved the scene where Leia tells C3PO to “whipe that nervous expression off his face” to right after the Dreadnought cannons move to point on the rebel cruiser making it a better fit
  • The first battle against the Dreadnought is much more fluid and intense now and not broken up by silly jokes
  • Leia dies in the second assault of the First Order
  • Luke has a vision of Leia floating in space after he reconnects with the force
  • Instead of throwing away the light saber, Luke gives it back to Rey and tells her that he’s sorry before walking off, making her confused expression right after, more believable.
  • Luke now seems more skilled in the fight with Rey. He doesn’t fall down, after she hits him on the head the first time but immediately turns around to stop her second strike at which point he hears Master Yoda’s voice telling him not to attack her. This results in him just dodging her hits and staying on the defensive. The one time he falls down now, he breaks his fall with the force, showing us that he could have easily beaten her if he wanted to.
  • When Poe asks Admiral Holdo, if she has a plan, it now seems like she tells him what the mission is. When they leave her alone on the cruiser and Poe leaves with the transport ships, it looks like they are working together.
  • The reveal that Rose is Paige’s sister comes much later in the last act on Crait. hen she touches the second half of the medalion as she is flying towards the large cannon, creating a better connection/contrast to the beginning of the movie. Her sister died in battle, she survives.
  • When Poe tells Finn to pull back, it now looks like he is following his order
  • Luke makes his last stand with a green light saber instead of the blue one making the reveal, that he is not really there, more surprising.
  • The movie ends with Luke surviving and looking out at the sunset, coming full circle. He looked at it as a baby in “Revenge of the Sith”, as a young man in “A New Hope” and finally as an old Jedi Master.
  • After credits scene with Chewbacca (if you watched the Anti-Cringe trailer, you’ve seen it already)
  • Color grading of the whole movie (greenish/yellow tint removed and more color vibrance)
Running Time: 110 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipDmY6KZduY

117826.jpg

Sounds like an interesting cut, but the changing of Luke and Leia's situation from where it is at the end of the real movie sounds like a one off and not really going to be part of the canon series. At least the anti cheese cuts sound like it sticks to the story while making it tighter and more enjoyable.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info