Movie Star Wars nerds - Darth Vader DID have a father and he is...

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
There is apparently a Darth Vader comic out there that is cannon for the movies and the latest issue confirms he DID have a father and it confirms a fan theory as well...I guess it works?

This reveal happens in Issue 25 of the current Darth Vader comic from Marvel, but could have repercussions in Episode IX and other future films.

Okay, so remember in The Phantom Menace when Anakin’s mother tells Qui-Gon Jinn that she conceived Anakin without a father? Well, that has lead to debate ever since over who, if anyone, was responsible for that. One theory was the Force did it on its own through the Midichlorians (Force bacteria). Another theory was Darth Plagueis, who was said to be able to use the Force to create life, was the mastermind behind Anakin. This theory was even alluded to in Revenge of the Sith in one of the few good scenes from the Prequel Trilogy.

However, neither of these have proven to be true. Instead, we find out that the Emperor himself influenced the Midichlorians to create his future apprentice. How did this knowledge come to be? Well, in the story, Darth Vader creates a tear in the fabric between life and the Force and is basically on a vision quest to see his past.

How does all of this affect the universe of Star Wars? Well, it can mean a lot. If Vader learns how to do the same, he may have created a new child of his own, one that may have then given birth to Rey. This could explain why Rey is so strong in the Force and give some fans a sense of closure about her power. I am not quite sure how I feel about this theory myself, but I can see where Disney could take advantage of these events in their next film.

I also find the whole tearing at the fabric of the Force thing to be interesting. Is it possible that Kylo or Rey use this to contact someone from the past or learn some secrets? What if this is how Rey finds out who her parents are? We have heard of rumors where she meets them and there is bright light involved which could mean they aren’t of the living realm. I guess we’ll see what happens in future issues of the comic and next year when Episode IX hits theaters.

[MENTION=3061]Lead Pipe[/MENTION]

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise? I thought not. It’s not a story the Jedi would tell you. It’s a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.

obligatory

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Ok then... What made him pick Shmi as his choice to knock up. I mean, if I had that power, I'd be pointing my finger at every hawt chick and then laughing knowing I just knocked her up.

Regardless, Shmi wouldn't be one I'd do that to... For fear of ugly kid.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Ok then... What made him pick Shmi as his choice to knock up. I mean, if I had that power, I'd be pointing my finger at every hawt chick and then laughing knowing I just knocked her up.

and said ugly kid wheres a helmet/ mask ?

wut

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI

Why would you want to knock up a hott broad without getting to do the dirty? Its all the negatives without any positives. Yeah, I gotta kid and I didn't even get to fuck.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info