Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Sooooooooooooo the companion book to this movie was released.....two fun facts. The first, Palp was in fact a clone (big surprise)....the second and more laughable one...Reys father? He was a failed Palp clone that the sith decided to keep around :rofl:

This movie was such a dumpster fire.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007

Screenshot_20200316-112221.jpg

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Well it is on D+ now and I finally just watched it for the first time, and.........yeah. From the link Mook Mook posted some pages back this pretty much sums it all up. Not even gonna put it in spoiler tags at this point.

All wounds are trivial now because Force users can easily heal them. If they’re too late and the person died, they can just bring them back from the dead. Need to ship a package? Just use the Force to teleport it! Wanna have a lightsaber duel with somebody a hundred miles away? The Force has online multiplayer. Rey is just a God now, the most powerful being who ever lived. But Leia died from yelling.

The only high point of this movie was hearing Ahsoka's voice when Rey conference called all the Jedi in her head at the end.

And now I go back to my run thru of clone wars again. Need to end this night with some good star wars in my head.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Finally watched this. Refused to pay for it in any form so waited for Netflix to ship it to me.

It was better than Last Jedi, but TLJ was an atrocity, so technically they could have filmed it with a Potato and it would have been better.

But Meh. They went seriously overboard with Rey’s skills and power. Pure Mary Sue stuff.

The last 4 episodes of Clone Wars shits all over this movie. The last 4 episodes of CW shits all over the entire new trilogy really.

Wonder if there is any truth the the rumor that Filoni and Lucas are going to ret-con the entire new trilogy.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I watched it again last night. I was did a marathon of all nine of them. The sequel trilogy makes me appreciate the prequel trilogy so much more.

After that I had to watch Rogue One. God I love that movie so much.
+1 for Rogue One. The entire movie is great, but at the very end when things are already frantic, ad then Vader shows up. Great ending.

About the only thing bad in the movie is the Princess Leia CGI face. That just does not look right at all. Very uncanny valley. Tarkin's CGI face is much less jarring even though I can still see its CGI.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Just saw this on another forum.

It's either worse than Rise of Skywalker or better, not sure yet. I've seen both exactly 1 time each. Will not rewatch that crap movie to sort it out.

Its 100% better than RoS. Why?

Because its only 55 seconds crap rather than a full length movie.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info