TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
FB_IMG_1576868958596.jpeg

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Wasn’t Finn supposed to tell Rey something, basically the entire movie? Also, in the end celebration, Finn looks at Rose like they’ll meet up and kiss or whatever, but blatantly just move in opposite directions.

There was plenty to hate about this movie, as a stand-alone film, the end of the trilogy, and the final installment (for now) of a nine movie series. BUT, we (wife and I) liked the light saber battles (far less ridiculous than the prequels), we also didn’t knock them on the whole Leia thing, as Carrie Fishers untimely death likely had at least SOMETHING to do with the lame sequences.

Also, no way these are worse than the prequels. We watched all of the movies leading up to watching TROS, and the prequels are soooooooo bad. The acting, the dialogue, the action sequences and ridiculous fight scenes? Our dog got a super annoying squeaky ball he rolls around, and that was preferable to Hayden Christianson taking a steaming pile of shit, every time he’s on screen. Obviously this trilogy is no original series, but it’s significantly better than the prequels by any measure.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Wasn’t Finn supposed to tell Rey something, basically the entire movie? Also, in the end celebration, Finn looks at Rose like they’ll meet up and kiss or whatever, but blatantly just move in opposite directions.

There was plenty to hate about this movie, as a stand-alone film, the end of the trilogy, and the final installment (for now) of a nine movie series. BUT, we (wife and I) liked the light saber battles (far less ridiculous than the prequels), we also didn’t knock them on the whole Leia thing, as Carrie Fishers untimely death likely had at least SOMETHING to do with the lame sequences.

Also, no way these are worse than the prequels. We watched all of the movies leading up to watching TROS, and the prequels are soooooooo bad. The acting, the dialogue, the action sequences and ridiculous fight scenes? Our dog got a super annoying squeaky ball he rolls around, and that was preferable to Hayden Christianson taking a steaming pile of shit, every time he’s on screen. Obviously this trilogy is no original series, but it’s significantly better than the prequels by any measure.

These were far far worse than the prequels. The prequels told a coherent story that tied into the original trilogy. These not only completely ignored every other star wars movie, they went as far as *ruining* their story. Anakin being space Jesus? Ruined. Vaders redemption? Ruined. Luke's character? Ruined. Force powers? Ruined. They fucked everything up. The only way to make any sense of the story now is to pretend that the sequel trilogy doesn't exist and never watch them again.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
These were far far worse than the prequels. The prequels told a coherent story that tied into the original trilogy. These not only completely ignored every other star wars movie, they went as far as *ruining* their story. Anakin being space Jesus? Ruined. Vaders redemption? Ruined. Luke's character? Ruined. Force powers? Ruined. They fucked everything up. The only way to make any sense of the story now is to pretend that the sequel trilogy doesn't exist and never watch them again.

Do you have blinders on to the prequels and the just numerous contradictions, face palms, and plot holes they created and maintained? The random characters they inserted into the main story that make no sense given the OT. The unforgivable dialogue and attempts at storytelling. Midi-chlorians? How about a robot who coughs? Stormtroopers who were described as the perfect soldiers, marksmen, leaders, and that makes sense for the OT when they are a bunch of bumbling idiots. Why does Yoda need a cane and barely walk, but does needless flips and spins while fighting? Then the prequels maintained the idiotic plot hole of “hiding” Luke from Vader at Vaders mothers old farm with Vader’s same last name.

The whole series, prequels, OT, and new trilogy are filled with plot holes, contradictions, and events and people that render previous or future items irrelevant or completely disregarding them. I’m not saying the new trilogy is perfect by ANY stretch, but IMO they are WAY better than the prequels, who do a much better job of trying to ruin the OT than the new trilogy did.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Placeholder for a further rant about the Final Order.
Ok so this has been a problem since the originals but the Empire / First Order / Final Order are fucking dumb as fuck.

Let's build a MASSIVE fleet of ships but do it on a planet that we can't navigate out of and the only way we can is with ONE, totally exposed, navigation tower...but wait, let's make one ship capable of navigating.... Why the FUCK wouldn't all the ships have this? The emperor has had alllllllllllllll this time to prepare and he half assed everything. Why? Oh I know, because the whole Palp return was half baked. So fucking stupid.

The argument is clearly they never expected to be found but during all this time, they never once thought to fortify their position.

Dude has failed 3 times by an inferior army and has learned NOTHING. Maybe it shouldn't bother me but it drove me insane and still does.

Oh and furthermore, Lando showing up with the entire galaxy after what amounts to an hour was ridiculous as well. NO ONE came to help Leia out or Luke but suddenly, for the sake of the plot, everyone rallies behind an old dude and a giant dog.

Reactions: muskie

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Do you have blinders on to the prequels and the just numerous contradictions, face palms, and plot holes they created and maintained? The random characters they inserted into the main story that make no sense given the OT. The unforgivable dialogue and attempts at storytelling. Midi-chlorians? How about a robot who coughs? Stormtroopers who were described as the perfect soldiers, marksmen, leaders, and that makes sense for the OT when they are a bunch of bumbling idiots. Why does Yoda need a cane and barely walk, but does needless flips and spins while fighting? Then the prequels maintained the idiotic plot hole of “hiding” Luke from Vader at Vaders mothers old farm with Vader’s same last name.

The whole series, prequels, OT, and new trilogy are filled with plot holes, contradictions, and events and people that render previous or future items irrelevant or completely disregarding them. I’m not saying the new trilogy is perfect by ANY stretch, but IMO they are WAY better than the prequels, who do a much better job of trying to ruin the OT than the new trilogy did.

Midichlorians, while you can make fun of the concept, at least is consistent within the PT. They were just trying to hammer home the point that there are some who are stronger in the force and that it has a metric. They used this to establish that Anakin is the most naturally strong in the force, ever. Something they held consistently throughout the PT.

Stormtroopers in the PT were trained clones. That was the entire basis of the Clone Wars. By the OT time, they were no longer clones, and weren't as well trained. Again, this isn't a stretch explanation and it makes sense.

Yoda could obviously use the force to manipulate his movements. Which he uses when he needs to fight. Plausible explanation that isn't ridiculous.

Anakin never lived at that farm. His mother lived there after he left. They explicitly state why Vader would never go back to Tattoine.

Which random characters had no effect on the plot that you think is so egregious?

Now let's get to the ROS.

Palpatine somehow shows up out of nowhere, even though he died. This only happened because Rian Johnson let the villian of the ST inexplicably die in the middle of the 2nd film. So JJ went with nostalgia.

Jedi/Sith are now Gods. No one can hurt them, and even if they do, they can just heal or resurrect each other. Force Lightning is now strong enough to take out 1000s of ships. Palps turned into a hybrid of Shang Tsung and Thor. Stormtroopers killed a majority of the Jedi during Order 66. They can be killed in the PT. In the ST they are invincible. Ridiculous.

They made Rey a Palpatine to explain her being Mary Sue, and the most powerful being in the history of story telling. The problem is that this directly undermines the entire concept of Anakin being the chosen one. Apparently Palps was the most powerful being all along. Sooo why did he need Anakin on his side? Why not just single handedly kill them all himself? Palps knew Anakin was too strong for him, and he was vulnerable. That's why he turned him. Except not anymore.

Palps still being alive and still building an empire destroys the overall arc of both the OT and PT. The story was about Vader being the chosen one, turning to the dark side, and eventually fulfilling his destiny by *destroying* the Sith. By both him and Palps dying on the 2nd death star, the prophecy is fulfilled. PSYCHHHHH Palps never died and Anakins story is now *meaningless*.

I could go on and on. They need to take like 5 years off then make a trilogy that states and makes canon that these movies never happened.

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
To me, it just felt poorly paced and everything was just out of nowhere. The "resolutions" to a lot of the remaining issues etc were just dumb. I could go on and on but at the end of the day I didnt enjoy this mix and match movie.

The last part where lando shows up with everyone reminded me of the eagles are coming for lord of the rings.

To each their own though. I know that because of the last jedi, that threw everything off like crazy. This series had no flow. At least the prequels were better constructed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info