Movie Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker *SPOILERS*

OP
Mook

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Sooooooooooooo the companion book to this movie was released.....two fun facts. The first, Palp was in fact a clone (big surprise)....the second and more laughable one...Reys father? He was a failed Palp clone that the sith decided to keep around :rofl:

This movie was such a dumpster fire.

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Reaction score
You know it's horrible when they keep having to explain shit with other shit outside the movie. Just leave this dumpster fire alone and move on.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score
I saw in a post on RT that RoS was released digitally and thought it said it was on Disney + so I checked and it's not. I think they mean it's for sale digitally, which I guess I understand.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Well it is on D+ now and I finally just watched it for the first time, and.........yeah. From the link Mook Mook posted some pages back this pretty much sums it all up. Not even gonna put it in spoiler tags at this point.

All wounds are trivial now because Force users can easily heal them. If they’re too late and the person died, they can just bring them back from the dead. Need to ship a package? Just use the Force to teleport it! Wanna have a lightsaber duel with somebody a hundred miles away? The Force has online multiplayer. Rey is just a God now, the most powerful being who ever lived. But Leia died from yelling.

The only high point of this movie was hearing Ahsoka's voice when Rey conference called all the Jedi in her head at the end.

And now I go back to my run thru of clone wars again. Need to end this night with some good star wars in my head.

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Also recently watched this. Then forgot about it.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
Rogue Sqaudron is still the best Star Wars movie to come out since the original trilogy.

Lead Pipe

I'm Tiny Riiiiiiiiick
Reaction score
I bought the blu ray just because that's my thing. Last weekend I got maybe halfway through and passed out.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
Reaction score
Finally watched this. Refused to pay for it in any form so waited for Netflix to ship it to me.

It was better than Last Jedi, but TLJ was an atrocity, so technically they could have filmed it with a Potato and it would have been better.

But Meh. They went seriously overboard with Rey’s skills and power. Pure Mary Sue stuff.

The last 4 episodes of Clone Wars shits all over this movie. The last 4 episodes of CW shits all over the entire new trilogy really.

Wonder if there is any truth the the rumor that Filoni and Lucas are going to ret-con the entire new trilogy.

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Reaction score
I watched it again last night. I was did a marathon of all nine of them. The sequel trilogy makes me appreciate the prequel trilogy so much more.

After that I had to watch Rogue One. God I love that movie so much.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
Reaction score
I watched it again last night. I was did a marathon of all nine of them. The sequel trilogy makes me appreciate the prequel trilogy so much more.

After that I had to watch Rogue One. God I love that movie so much.
+1 for Rogue One. The entire movie is great, but at the very end when things are already frantic, ad then Vader shows up. Great ending.

About the only thing bad in the movie is the Princess Leia CGI face. That just does not look right at all. Very uncanny valley. Tarkin's CGI face is much less jarring even though I can still see its CGI.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
Reaction score
This popped up on my feed again, not sure if I ever posted it here.

Its a re-imagined version of the Obi-Wan vs Vader fight from "A New Hope". Apparently they are doing a re-imagined Luke vs Vader Cloud city fight from ESB too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom