Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
For those that watched. But you'll need to subscribe to Disney's upcoming streaming service.

Surprise! Star Wars: The Clone Wars Returning With New Episodes!

In a move that will come as a surprise to many Star Wars fans, Lucasfilm has announced they are bringing back the beloved series Star Wars: The Clone Wars for all-new episodes to debut on the upcoming Disney streaming service. Check out the video below that confirms The Clone Wars returning, as well as new key art in the gallery!

Just announced by Dave Filoni (Star Wars Rebels) at San Diego Comic-Con during a 10th anniversary celebration of the beloved animated series, Star Wars: The Clone Wars will be returning with 12 all-new episodes on Disney’s direct-to-consumer streaming service. Created by George Lucas, the show first aired in 2008 and became an entry point into Star Wars for an entire generation, following fan-favorites like Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Padmé Amidala, while introducing major new characters like Jedi Padawan Ahsoka Tano and Captain Rex. It became a multi-Emmy winner and is now regarded as essential Star Wars.

But it was never finished. The Clone Wars ended after five broadcast seasons — just as Ahsoka left the Jedi Order. A few post-Season Five episodes were later released as “The Lost Missions,” but the story wasn’t over.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I just saw this.

Fuck Yes.

I know some will regard it as a cartoon, and there for for children, and some of it is definitely.

But there was always an element of story telling and over-arching plots that made Clone Wars worth far more than any of the actual Star Wars sequels.

I own seasons 1-5 plus the lost episodes, and will be buying this.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Damnit Disney! I started this show awhile back on netflix. Ive gotten thru...at least the first 2 seasons...maybe 3...cant remember where I left off. The "true" order you're supposed to watch them jumps around a lot for the first few seasons. I've really been wanting to get back to watching it lately.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Damnit Disney! I started this show awhile back on netflix. Ive gotten thru...at least the first 2 seasons...maybe 3...cant remember where I left off. The "true" order you're supposed to watch them jumps around a lot for the first few seasons. I've really been wanting to get back to watching it lately.

Yeah, there is an order that mostly dumps the fluff episodes, and swaps a few episodes earlier and later.

Dumping the fluff episodes probably helps the most.

If Disney wants to save Star Wars, there is ONE thing they need to do.

Put Dave Filoni in charge of the ENTIRE franchise like Kevin Feige is for MCU. He has great reverence for the universe, and knows what fans want. Just as important, Dave Filoni knows how to PACE a story over multiple arcs and develop characters over time.

Dave Filoni has Avatar: The Last Airbender, and Clone Wars to his name. Two series that even years later are beloved by fans because of how well the stories hold up.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I just re-watched the Season 6 trailer.

eFfmdb3.jpg

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Yeah each episode is only 22 minutes, but each season is also 22 episodes, except for the lost misisons. And with this show I could only get through so many episodes before i either fell asleep or couldnt pay attention anymore. I didn't skip any episodes either, watched all 121, plus the movie.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info