Disney+ Star Wars: Clone Wars animated show is coming back

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
If you want to use the midichlorian bullshit, then Ventress is on-par with Yoda in terms of Power in the Force. I personally don't really care too much about the midichlorian BS. Mostly because it turns it into a knock down drag out Dragonball school yard argument.

Where the TV format for Clone Wars stands out compared to the movies is the time it takes to develop the characters and their skills. Anakin is younger than Ventress by several years, and Ventress is extremely well trained and is also powerful. Over the series you can watch the battles begin to tip in Anakin's favor. Eventually to the point where Ventress is out-classed by Anakin, and later Anakin starts pushing Dooku past his limits. The Rako Hardeen duel is the turning point when Dooku realizes he cannot beat Anakin and switches to a defensive/escape strategy. He uses Palpatine as a hostage so that Anakin can't engage him directly.

The way they shift the balance of the fights in Clone Wars is very slow. To the point that you don't even notice when Anakin and Obi-Wan go from being on the back foot, to equal, and then out-classing their antagonists.

Clone Wars excels at character development. By the end of the show the character everybody hated, becomes one of the most loved characters added since the original trilogy.

Thats what I meant to say :LOL:

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I'm half way through the final season now. Show has been great up until this season. Not sure how I feel about it. They ruined the character models for Anakin, Mace Windu, and slightly for Obi-Wan.

The Bad Batch episodes were stupid. Ashokas "friends" were stupid. I'm hoping it gets better.

The final 4 episodes make EVERYTHING worth it.

The last Fucking 4 episodes.

When you see the Star Wars logo in Red without the normal theme music and this ominous tone its time to sit your ass down and WATCH. Turn off the phone, turn off the lights. If your kids/wife won't leave you alone then duct tape their mouth shut and shove them in a closet.

Make sure you have enough time to watch them in a row. The last 4 are meant to be watched in row like a movie.

Reactions: Aircal

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
The last Fucking 4 episodes.

When you see the Star Wars logo in Red without the normal theme music and this ominous tone its time to sit your ass down and WATCH. Turn off the phone, turn off the lights. If your kids/wife won't leave you alone then duct tape their mouth shut and shove them in a closet.

Make sure you have enough time to watch them in a row. The last 4 are meant to be watched in row like a movie.

Been watching on the plane, I can get 4 episodes in during one segment, so I will make sure I do that then.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Man, you guys weren't lying. Those episodes were incredible. Really terrific writing, and it played out really well. Great way to tie into RotS.

I really wish they would have given Filoni a shot at writing the sequels, he has done a fantastic job on all the things he has done.
So, we aren't just raving for nothing then. :). They are just that good.

Reactions: IDAFC21 and Aircal

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Man, you guys weren't lying. Those episodes were incredible. Really terrific writing, and it played out really well. Great way to tie into RotS.

I really wish they would have given Filoni a shot at writing the sequels, he has done a fantastic job on all the things he has done.

I'm so glad to see this, I was starting to get scared we overhyping it just a bit too much :LOL: But it really is that. damn. good.

In fact i'm probably going to have to rewatch them again now. For like the 3rd or 4th time.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Yeah, I watched it on the plane. I'll probably have to check it out on the big screen with real sound.
The music is so atmospheric and ominous. It’s like this ever present tension throughout the last 4 episodes.

I wish they had used the alternative arc for Ashoka’s adventure. In the alternate she finds the with temple under the Jedi temple and has to escape palpatine, eventually getting lucky and fleeing.
Would have been so much better than the sisters arc.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info