Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
They fucked up the loot crate system, reddit and other people lost their SHIT and EA changed it. Then they tried to explain how spending money to leapfrog everyone was a good thing, which caused even more backlash so then they turned off microtransactions "for now".

EA is such a greedy piece of shit company.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Modern gamers deserve everything that has happened for allowing this kind of economy to prosper in the first place. Paid DLC? Meh. Microtransactions? Meh. Day 1 DLC locked ON THE FUCKING DISC? Meh.

I'm just going to continue to sit back and laugh as this happens. They're going to forget all about this in about 2 or 3 more months when their new favorite game comes out and they will buy it anyway with all of the above minus the "fast track" micro transactions.

Can't wait to read another reddit post on why gamers who "demand" free shit that should have came with the game anyway like it was barely 10 years ago are "entitled".

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
The idea that people can spend the money to get an advantage over someone else is ridiculous to me. I like to game, but not enough to spend another $60 to be competitive. Hell, even if I had all the advantages, I'd still probably get my ass kicked by a guy walking around with a paperclip.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Titanfall 2 offered ALL their DLC for free...the only pay stuff was visual shit for your player and titan...I spent 8 bucks b/c I play the game hours a night, no big deal.

HOWEVER, EA has now purchased Respawn....and while both EA and Respawn say nothing will change, Titanfall 3 will be a clusterfuck, guaranteed.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Its gonna suck monster dick. I've probably put 200 hours into that...best console FPS controls HANDS DOWN...and EA is gonna tank it.

They already fucked up the launch by letting it release between COD and BF last year. So stupid.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
screen-shot-2017-11-14-at-11-21-38-am.png

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Belgium and Hawaii look to ban loot boxes, ask others to do the same

Some argue that loot boxes can’t be considered gambling because you’re always guaranteed to get something, but seeing as the 'prizes' include unimpressive emotes and victory poses, many people keep handing over cash in the hope of winning something better, making the gambling comparison seem pretty apt.

As much as I hate MORE government interference...

EA thinks this isn't gambling:

Y0dKIFz.gif

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info