Gaming Star Wars Battlefront II

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I'm still hesitant after the last Battlefront. It was fun, but I couldn't just play long before I started getting bored. I'm sure it would have been different if I was playing multi-player with people I know.

I still play randomly, but mostly the non multi-player areas. The music and graphics/theme can only hold my attention for so long, and then the gameplay bores me.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Not totally sure. You can squad up in the ps4 version but you had to go through the ps4 party system rather than the game itself.

I couldn't get that to work on Xbox, but I think the servers had crashed at the same time I was attempting.

Maro

TCG Elite Member
Jun 20, 2008
Definitely polished as hell looking and a big step up in content from the last iteration. The last one sold like crazy and was garbage, so either people are still disgusted with the disappointment of the last one that they won't buy it or it will sell a good amount like the last one. My guess is on the latter since star wars anything is a money making machine.

The one multiplayer mode Galactic Assault defend/attack the transport mode is pretty weak. It's just either side fighting over 2 ion cannon points waiting for them to respawn. This turns a big map into 2 small important points. If the transport reaches its destination it get a little better but again it's small areas that turn into a shit show.

The Star Fighter Assault mode looks phenomenal too bad I suck ass at flying third person in it, a first person view would be nice, maybe I didn't look hard enough for it though. Really glad they added this since the last one was lacking any kind of space combat.

Of course EA added loot boxes like every other game on the market right now. I miss the days where you had to work towards unlocks in game instead of earning them from random rolls

All that said there is at least a campaign which might get me to rent it down the road but I don't think I'd stick around for the multiplayer.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info