Disney+ Star Wars: Andor

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Question, do I need to see any of the other Star Wars universe movies or shows before watching Andor?

I have yet to watch Rogue One, and need to finish Mandalorian S2, plus all of Book of Bobba Fett and Obi-Wan. Guess I should add the movies #8 & #9 to that list. I'm a little behind.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Question, do I need to see any of the other Star Wars universe movies or shows before watching Andor?

I have yet to watch Rogue One, and need to finish Mandalorian S2, plus all of Book of Bobba Fett and Obi-Wan. Guess I should add the movies #8 & #9 to that list. I'm a little behind.
No

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
The slow burn continues, but

giphy.gif

Reactions: blue-sun and Bru

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Nobody watch this last night but me?

The heist gets pulled off. Token black guy dies in the heist. Token "little brother whos super idealistic and nice' dies as a result of the heist after they get off planet. Diego Luna kills the guy who wants to scam the team. Are the girls lesbians with the hand touch? How does she get off the planet to meet up with the rest? Cassian will read the manifesto and be moved by it and that's why/how he turns to join the rebellion.

Reactions: Huggerorange73

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Nobody watch this last night but me?

The heist gets pulled off. Token black guy dies in the heist. Token "little brother whos super idealistic and nice' dies as a result of the heist after they get off planet. Diego Luna kills the guy who wants to scam the team. Are the girls lesbians with the hand touch? How does she get off the planet to meet up with the rest? Cassian will read the manifesto and be moved by it and that's why/how he turns to join the rebellion.

I enjoy that they are building characters that you care about. The slow burn, as it's been called, allows character development and allows you to be concerned for them. It helps build suspense when you watch the show.

When Skeen says he has no brother, after we've been told his brother is the reason he is part of the rebellion, was a big plot twist. And Andor's immediate reaction to kill him was incredible. I like that Andor is a killer. Not the watered-down, Han didn't shoot first, Star Wars. He saw Skeen was out for himself and would kill any one of them as soon as he thought he could get away with the money.

I think Andor and Nemik were opposites. Realist vs idealist. But Andor going to the doctor to save him shows that Andor, although willing to kill if need be, does have a moral compass. I think he'll read the manifesto and will start seeing the rebellion as a cause worth fighting for.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Just another great episode. I am not big into the Star Wars universe. Especially the prequels. I know some of the cartoon stuff is liked by many. But I haven't seen any of those. Solo was ok and I really enjoyed Rouge One. I think Andor is my favorite SW project I've seen. It really reminds me of the cloak & dagger stuff I always enjoyed. The characters have time to develop and the writing keeps you involved. The fact it doesn't look cheesy like The Book of Boba Fett is big as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info