TV Star Trek: Picard

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Watched EP1 tonight while I was at my Mom's house, I don't know if it was her TV, but its seems like the dialogue was SUPER quiet at times, I'd have to turn the TV way up to hear it, and then the action would happen and it was extremely loud so I'd have to turn the volume down.

I'll have to watch EP1 again so I can actually understand the dialogue. I think its was my mom's TV with poor down mixing of multi-channel audio on Amazon. If my home theater has the same issue, then I'll blame the service or the mastering.

But, I am a little intrigued. I won't say its great yet. But the pilot episode of TNG Encounter at Farpoint was pretty bad at times (along with most of season 1/2).

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim

In a special promotion that is not being framed as some sort of coronavirus-based “here’s something to do at home” deal for some reason, CBS All Access has decided to release the entire first season of Star Trek: Picard for free. The show’s first season finale will be released on Thursday, and in honor of that it seems, the streaming service is offering up all 10 episodes of Picard for free. The catch, if you can even call it that, is that you need to sign up for a CBS All Access account put in the coupon code “GIFT,” but that doesn’t seem like an especially big deal. Hell, if you wait until Thursday, make your account, and then watch the whole season in a single sitting, you won’t even need to remember a password. You’ll probably get emails from CBS All Access about the other offerings in its fabulous library of content, and you might end up being convinced to pay for a subscription so you can watch the Twilight Zone revival or the platform’s other Star Trek offerings, but you don’t have to.

Patrick Stewart posted an Instagram video about this special offer with a little video about the importance of Star Trek. He also teases the show’s second season a little bit, which was announced way back in January. We don’t know when that second season will happen, but it will happen eventually and it’s good to look forward to things instead of wallowing in misery. Also, Stewart promised Whoopi Goldberg that there’d be a place for her in the show’s second season, and we’ve gotta see the return of Guinan.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
tvh0239.jpg

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Why? Why do they have to ruin every show with this crap?

So if Woke Trek Discovery wasn't bad enough, we now have Woke Trek Picard.

It's a shame since the first season of Picard was pretty good.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info