Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
The series will premiere on the CBS Television Network with all subsequent episodes available on CBS All Access, the Network’s digital subscription video on demand and live streaming service, and will be distributed concurrently by CBS Studios International on Netflix in 188 countries and in Canada on Bell Media’s Space channel and OTT service CraveTV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dxe_ugmIVM

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Still not sold on the revised Klingons.

But the trailer does a good job of selling the series. I will probably watch it.

Too bad that Axanar had so much more potential but got dragged out in legal battles, and is now neutered thanks to CBS/Paramounts "limited to two 15 minute shorts" rules.

Should have left the fanbase alone, its whats kept both Star Wars and Star Trek alive for so long.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I watched the first two episodes.

Mild spoilers ahead...

Capt. is a robot. Only explanation I have for her stilted speech and weird language patterns.

Main character is a Vulcan, a human, a Vulcan, a human. Nobody knows for sure. She seems to be able to go from logic to emotion at will.

Science officer is a wimp. Reminds me of Dr. Smith from Lost in Space.

This is another series where the spaceship can't seem to stay in one piece. For a peaceful future human race, we sure do seem to get our ships blown up a lot.

Speaking of stilted speech, the Klingons seem to be 10 year olds trying hard to slowwwwly enunciate the Klingon language. NOBODY TALKS THAT SLOWLY!

My biggest peave with this new series. They don't understand the Prime Directive. It's the Prime Directive and they don't get it. SMH.

My 2nd biggest peave is CBS is going to kill this show with their stupid on demand or whatever it's called. Did they ever stop to think that Trekkies are geeks and every one of them will watch the series on Kodi or some other outlet that doesn't require signing up to CBS All BS.

I give the show a year or two unless CBS drastically changes how they are handling the series.

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
I watched the first two episodes.

Mild spoilers ahead...

Capt. is a robot. Only explanation I have for her stilted speech and weird language patterns.

Main character is a Vulcan, a human, a Vulcan, a human. Nobody knows for sure. She seems to be able to go from logic to emotion at will.

Science officer is a wimp. Reminds me of Dr. Smith from Lost in Space.

This is another series where the spaceship can't seem to stay in one piece. For a peaceful future human race, we sure do seem to get our ships blown up a lot.

Speaking of stilted speech, the Klingons seem to be 10 year olds trying hard to slowwwwly enunciate the Klingon language. NOBODY TALKS THAT SLOWLY!

My biggest peave with this new series. They don't understand the Prime Directive. It's the Prime Directive and they don't get it. SMH.

My 2nd biggest peave is CBS is going to kill this show with their stupid on demand or whatever it's called. Did they ever stop to think that Trekkies are geeks and every one of them will watch the series on Kodi or some other outlet that doesn't require signing up to CBS All BS.

I give the show a year or two unless CBS drastically changes how they are handling the series.

Flyn I know your a Trekkie so I'm a little disappointed you didn't catch on. This is in between the TV shows Enterprise and Kirk's Star Trek timeline. So they are still figuring out what it is to be StarFleet, they don't call it the prime directive in Discovery yet it's Order #1 or some shit.

I don't like what they did with the Klingon's, the speech is horrible sounding and the makeup costume's are even worse!

Who would name their daughter Micheal? I can't get over that one. She's human raised by Vulcan's. The Character said it herself during the show that she follows logic but allows emotions to guide her to that logic.

As for the spaceship not staying together, well this ship isn't going the main focus of the show. The spaceship Discovery will be and we have yet to see that.

I'm not sold on this, I have liked all the star trek shows and this one just isn't doing it for me yet. I'll give it a few more episodes and go from there.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
So, after watching the first 3 episodes I say its not bad. But But certainly less star trek feel. Its definitely better than the first season of TNG, which is truly hard to watch.

They are really trying for movie budget feeling here in terms of the lighting, set, and effects. But pretty things only last so long on syndicated TV.

I actually think the most recent episodes of Orville are more Star Trek than Discovery is.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Mystique is joining the cast of Star Trek Discovery.

rebecca_romijn_x-men_movie_transformations.jpg

093LZ

Regular
May 16, 2012
Just finished this first season, at first I was ready to throw the remote out the window, but then it got interesting. It covers some cool shit that the other shows didn't that you would never expect from a Star Trek series. But I really didn't need to see two dudes kissing, com on..........

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Dec 18, 2011
RT 66 area
Just finished this first season, at first I was ready to throw the remote out the window, but then it got interesting.
It covers some cool shit that the other shows didn't that you would never expect from a Star Trek series.
But I really didn't need to see two dudes kissing, com on..........

I just posted that in the other thread!!!!
They have to liberalize every thing now a days :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info