TV Star Trek Discovery

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Watched episode 2-1.

HUGELY better than Season 1. Felt more like a short movie than a weekly episode. Special effects are killer. Pike is much better as Captain than Lorca.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
CBS is being sued because they allegedly stole the idea for the instant jump technology from a guy named Anas Abdin who has been working on a game called Tardigrades for years. The show's method of propulsion is remarkably similar to the game's ideas. The game has been shown and widely discussed on youtube and Steam for years.

CBS hired a high power legal team who tried to get the case dismissed. Judge said No and granted discovery to Anas so his legal people can have access to the private info of CBS writers who are also on Steam. Their histories will be looked at closely to see if they visited the Tardigrades pages and/or discussed the Tardigrade ideas.

IMO, it's obvious the similarities between the game ideas and the TV show ideas are pretty damning for CBS. If the Tardigrades creator can afford to push the trial, he may end up with a large check.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2YfDcHmt8k

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Could we see more time travel and an extension of the temporal cold war that appeared in Star Trek Enterprise? Will Daniels come back? Temporal cold war IS Star Trek canon.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score
Wow. I thought this show was cancelled long ago.
I think the last episode aired over a year and a half ago.
Are they resurrecting it?

Back when it was still on, I thought it was a pretty good show.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom