• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Stang taillight question .

P40E

Reaction score

What year did these start in ? I'm guessing 2011 or 2012 ?

And were they an option ? I see the flat style taillights installed on some cars too.

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
The ones with the 'recess' are 13/14, the 'flat' ones are 10/11/12

The 13/14 ones work in the 10/11/12 cars, but they leave a little gap between the bumper. Companies sell 'filler' panels for the gap.

P40E

Reaction score
Thanks . I see these on some 11 and 12's . I think they look better than the flat ones.

I'm guessing the gap you are talking about is on the lower part , like in the second picture ? If so , the gap doesn't look bad.

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
Thanks . I see these on some 11 and 12's . I think they look better than the flat ones.

I'm guessing the gap you are talking about is on the lower part , like in the second picture ? If so , the gap doesn't look bad.
Yea, I think that one has the gap.

It's not awful, but it's noticible. I really didn't like the tail end of 10-12 cars, and the 13/14s with no or the lip spoiler are a little dis-proportionate in my opinion. Big fan of the CS or GT500 spoilers

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom