• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Stalling Problem

-=SVT=-

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2006
Yea for some reason i dont know why my car is stalling. The last thing i did to it was put a raptor shift light in and i dont know if that has anything to do with it cumputer wise. It stalls when i take it out of gear or push in the clutch then the rpms fall to nothing. It only does it once in a while and she always starts right up but still it is a big deal!!

Dewalt03cobra

Dewalt03Cobra
Dec 3, 2004
That's really strange. I just installed a Raptor shift light also about two weeks ago. And before that, my car had only stalled once unexplanably since I bought it new 4 years ago. Since I put the Raptor in, it's stalled 4 times in the last two weeks. I'm not sure if the Raptor itself has anything to do with or if something went wrong in the installation. I don't Know. I think this weekend I'm going to disconnect it an see it the problem stops.

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
Years ago... when my car was stock, I had the same issue. There was a bad tune in the 03's and ford issued a new tune, I believe it is now AMZ2, you may have a YDH1 in the car... I would call Ford and ask them if they could reflash it for you under recall, I think...

If you have mods and your car does this, I would confirm you have no leaks on your intake side, make sure your mass air meter is where it was when tuned. If no leaks, then I would talk to your tuner... I believe the old tunes usint the SCT9100 used the baseline tune and wrote some additional parameters, however the newer tunes rewrite the whole thing, so this issue goes away.

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
Flatliner said:
Years ago... when my car was stock, I had the same issue. There was a bad tune in the 03's and ford issued a new tune, I believe it is now AMZ2, you may have a YDH1 in the car... I would call Ford and ask them if they could reflash it for you under recall, I think...

If you have mods and your car does this, I would confirm you have no leaks on your intake side, make sure your mass air meter is where it was when tuned. If no leaks, then I would talk to your tuner... I believe the old tunes usint the SCT9100 used the baseline tune and wrote some additional parameters, however the newer tunes rewrite the whole thing, so this issue goes away.

:ditto:

When stock, my car would stalll pretty much everytime I came to a stop... Ford refalshed it under warranty and never had the problem again.

If you have been tuned.... talk to your tuner.

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
Flatliner said:

you are partially correct... the AMZ2 tunes fixed some ISC values that helped with the dying issue... Diablosport is a little different though as you cannot flash a car with an AMZ2.. they dont have master codes like SCT... On Doodad's car, Im 99% sure that there is a vacuum leak as during the entire dyno session (2+hrs) the car didnt die one time but on the way home he was going WOT a bunch and it died.. None of his vacuum lines where wire tied or safety wired (like Hans does it).... again, most of the amz2 repairs were just with the IAC ISC values.. my suggestion to him was to see an installer to verify the vacuum lines are OK.. then, if everything looks mint, i would raise some values to compensate!

I, as a tuner, can only make a suggestion so many times. I can only call a customer so many times to see if they have had it checked out. When you dont hear from a customer for 2 months, you need to assume that the issue is fixed or that they dont care anymore.

thanks for the post though

shanker

Amateur Expert
Mar 14, 2004
This is an interesting post. I had my car stall on me twice this week out of nowhere. Once on the way home from the picnic at the 294 light. It was during decelleration and the RPMs usually drop to about 650 when I stop but this time it just fell to zero and died.

I usually leave it in gear until I'm almost stopped and it's never a problem. This time I took it out of gear and was coasting slowly then it died.

-=SVT=-

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2006
I am going to check for leaks. The weird thing is I was talking to my friend who had the same shift light in his newer T/A and his car was doing the same thing but more often. He said it just went away, maybe the cumputer was re-adjusting itself. It is all to weird to me! :dunno:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info