• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

🔧 Technical srt 6.1 cam install, any takers

ithurtz

Jan 19, 2015
Antioch
Id like to cam the challenger 6.1 dont have time and I am afraid if I started it would drag on for 2 months and being out for only 6 months would be depressing. Any takers on a cam install and a start up tune so I can get it dyno'd? CHeapest quote I have gotten was $2500 LABOR plus $600 for the tune. I cant quiet swallow that price for that little power and was hoping someone could use some extra cash. I am located in Antioch IL can drive some but only on nice weather, its allegeric to any type of water/dirt.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Id like to cam the challenger 6.1 dont have time and I am afraid if I started it would drag on for 2 months and being out for only 6 months would be depressing. Any takers on a cam install and a start up tune so I can get it dyno'd? CHeapest quote I have gotten was $2500 LABOR plus $600 for the tune. I cant quiet swallow that price for that little power and was hoping someone could use some extra cash. I am located in Antioch IL can drive some but only on nice weather, its allegeric to any type of water/dirt.

:ROFLMAO: Sell it buy a 2015 or newer Mustang.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Save up and throw some boost at it. Those 6.1's do very well on stock internals up to 10-12lbs of boost with a good tune.

• Love
Reactions: boostedguy05

ithurtz

Jan 19, 2015
Antioch
:ROFLMAO: Sell it buy a 2015 or newer Mustang.

Should I roll it then take the insurance money and buy a challenger?

Save up and throw some boost at it. Those 6.1's do very well on stock internals up to 10-12lbs of boost with a good tune.

Im waiting for On3 to update on their twin turbo kit for the hemis. I think right now its still in the test trials. Depending on price ill end up turbo again or blown. I promised myself I would cam it though, I need that sound,

Thanks everyone, ill contact the people above and hope something goes well!

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Should I roll it then take the insurance money and buy a challenger?

Im waiting for On3 to update on their twin turbo kit for the hemis. I think right now its still in the test trials. Depending on price ill end up turbo again or blown. I promised myself I would cam it though, I need that sound,

Thanks everyone, ill contact the people above and hope something goes well!

Roll it and buy a hellcat. Make sure you have gap 1st.

Reactions: ithurtz
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info