srt 6.1 cam install, any takers

ithurtz

Reaction score
Id like to cam the challenger 6.1 dont have time and I am afraid if I started it would drag on for 2 months and being out for only 6 months would be depressing. Any takers on a cam install and a start up tune so I can get it dyno'd? CHeapest quote I have gotten was $2500 LABOR plus $600 for the tune. I cant quiet swallow that price for that little power and was hoping someone could use some extra cash. I am located in Antioch IL can drive some but only on nice weather, its allegeric to any type of water/dirt.

98GrandPrixIraqVet

Reaction score
Id like to cam the challenger 6.1 dont have time and I am afraid if I started it would drag on for 2 months and being out for only 6 months would be depressing. Any takers on a cam install and a start up tune so I can get it dyno'd? CHeapest quote I have gotten was $2500 LABOR plus $600 for the tune. I cant quiet swallow that price for that little power and was hoping someone could use some extra cash. I am located in Antioch IL can drive some but only on nice weather, its allegeric to any type of water/dirt.

:ROFLMAO: Sell it buy a 2015 or newer Mustang.

Shawn1112

Donating Member
Reaction score
Save up and throw some boost at it. Those 6.1's do very well on stock internals up to 10-12lbs of boost with a good tune.

OP
ithurtz

ithurtz

Reaction score
:ROFLMAO: Sell it buy a 2015 or newer Mustang.
Should I roll it then take the insurance money and buy a challenger?

Save up and throw some boost at it. Those 6.1's do very well on stock internals up to 10-12lbs of boost with a good tune.
Im waiting for On3 to update on their twin turbo kit for the hemis. I think right now its still in the test trials. Depending on price ill end up turbo again or blown. I promised myself I would cam it though, I need that sound,

Thanks everyone, ill contact the people above and hope something goes well!

98GrandPrixIraqVet

Reaction score
Should I roll it then take the insurance money and buy a challenger?

Im waiting for On3 to update on their twin turbo kit for the hemis. I think right now its still in the test trials. Depending on price ill end up turbo again or blown. I promised myself I would cam it though, I need that sound,

Thanks everyone, ill contact the people above and hope something goes well!
Roll it and buy a hellcat. Make sure you have gap 1st.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom