Netflix Squid Game

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Just finished this today. Quite good.

One of the things I think they fucked up on. Was showing all the main characters background right from the beginning. Totally ruined any sense of suspense on who was going to be in it in the end. If they would have just started the show right in the game and then told backstories along the way. That would have made it less predictable.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
that old fuck owes me my feels back
I disagree with this actually. He has a great character. Him letting 456 live by essentially throwing the marble game. Because he picked him to play with in the game when no one else wanted an old man on their team. It's the only meaningful action within the whole show.

Old man participated to feel alive again. He didn't need the money at all. I think all the shit that happened while in the game (pissing himself, legit feeling depressed that no one wanted him on their team, etc) was all authentic. It kind of ruined the effect by indicating that he wasnt actually in danger, but in some of the games he actually was (tug of war).

Look at his facial reactions during red light green light. It brings the character full circle.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
God damn North Koreans DO NOT mess around :LOL: Jesus.

Last week, Radio Free Asia reported that copies of Squid Game had been smuggled into North Korea on USB drives and SD cards. Now, according to RFA, a man who is said to have smuggled in the show has been sentenced to death by a firing squad.

Sources tell RFA that a North Korean student who purchased the USB drive has been given a life sentence, while six others who watched the show must serve five years hard labor. Teachers and administrators at the school have been fired, expelled from the Workers’ Party, and could end up being exiled to work in remote mines.

• Wow
Reactions: RedBeard

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Loooooooooooong way off.

As for when viewers can expect to see Squid Game season 2 hit Netflix, Hwang recently told Vanity Fair that the timeframe should be around 2023 or 2024. The plot is still very much in development, and Hwang said that he only has about three pages of ideas so far. Before getting too deep into the details, the director is currently wrapping up final discussions with Netflix regarding Squid Game's next season.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
GIF by Equipe de France de Football

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info