Netflix Squid Game

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Arc is probably the wrong word, for sure.

N20GT

Plz place 3,000 kudos here. kthx
Reaction score
I feel like they could’ve done so much to develop his character and instead they literally did nothing, which just led to more unpleasantness because he’s painful to watch

Pro Stock John

That LS1Tech guy
Reaction score
The leader 'hero' is complicated as hell for all the reasons you guys shared. But he's trying to be better.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score
Just finished this today. Quite good.

One of the things I think they fucked up on. Was showing all the main characters background right from the beginning. Totally ruined any sense of suspense on who was going to be in it in the end. If they would have just started the show right in the game and then told backstories along the way. That would have made it less predictable.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
Donating Member
Reaction score
Great series. I watched all episodes with the subtitles but the last. Great stuff.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score
that old fuck owes me my feels back
I disagree with this actually. He has a great character. Him letting 456 live by essentially throwing the marble game. Because he picked him to play with in the game when no one else wanted an old man on their team. It's the only meaningful action within the whole show.

Old man participated to feel alive again. He didn't need the money at all. I think all the shit that happened while in the game (pissing himself, legit feeling depressed that no one wanted him on their team, etc) was all authentic. It kind of ruined the effect by indicating that he wasnt actually in danger, but in some of the games he actually was (tug of war).

Look at his facial reactions during red light green light. It brings the character full circle.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Season 2 is a go but it's currently just in the planning stages.

OP
IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Nah. This aint hollywood. Koreans know how to get shit done.

OP
IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
God damn North Koreans DO NOT mess around :LOL: Jesus.

Last week, Radio Free Asia reported that copies of Squid Game had been smuggled into North Korea on USB drives and SD cards. Now, according to RFA, a man who is said to have smuggled in the show has been sentenced to death by a firing squad.

Sources tell RFA that a North Korean student who purchased the USB drive has been given a life sentence, while six others who watched the show must serve five years hard labor. Teachers and administrators at the school have been fired, expelled from the Workers’ Party, and could end up being exiled to work in remote mines.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom