Mar 3, 2006
Algonquin
A390F774-F5D5-4B39-9540-B5723CEDC9A0.jpeg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
i didn't read any of this thread at all because i want to watch it.

but yall need this.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
i didn't read any of this thread at all because i want to watch it.

but yall need this.

I posted this earlier and I thought it was fake (well, the shooting a foam dart at least). I don't need this but kind of do ?

Reactions: Yaj Yak

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I just wanna say that the main character in this annoyed the fuck out of me and made the show painful to watch. He was a complete failure in the beginning, somehow managed to be the only guy of 456 people to win this game, then became a loser again the second the game ended. Dude had all that money and went a full year without helping ANYONE, not even the little boy that was in an orphanage. In his final move, just when you think he might be getting his shit together, he had to make sure everyone understood that he is, in fact, a deadbeat dad.

giphy.gif

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I just wanna say that the main character in this annoyed the fuck out of me and made the show painful to watch. He was a complete failure in the beginning, somehow managed to be the only guy of 456 people to win this game, then became a loser again the second the game ended. Dude had all that money and went a full year without helping ANYONE, not even the little boy that was in an orphanage. In his final move, just when you think he might be getting his shit together, he had to make sure everyone understood that he is, in fact, a deadbeat dad.

giphy.gif
I mean....thats his entire arc. Hes a piece of shit.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I mean....thats his entire arc. Hes a piece of shit.
That's not really an arc though. He was a shitbag in the beginning, goes through a completely lifechanging event and wins enough money to support anyone he's ever met and then some, thennnn he doesn't change at all. So the cliffhanger is that we are supposed to believe this deadbeat is going to successfully go up against this incredibly well-organized establishment in s2? Oh and let's not forget he CHOSE to go back to the game even after seeing 250 people get murdered, yet acts like he was brought there by force and has a severe hatred for the organizers.

I'd have liked to see an actual character arc

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
That's not really an arc though. He was a shitbag in the beginning, goes through a completely lifechanging event and wins enough money to support anyone he's ever met and then some, thennnn he doesn't change at all. So the cliffhanger is that we are supposed to believe this deadbeat is going to successfully go up against this incredibly well-organized establishment in s2? Oh and let's not forget he CHOSE to go back to the game even after seeing 250 people get murdered, yet acts like he was brought there by force and has a severe hatred for the organizers.

I'd have liked to see an actual character arc
How is it not his arc?

We meet him and hes a degenerate gambler. Hes a shit father. Hes a shit son. He goes to a game where he can feed his gambling addiction, but its with his life, not money. So he decides he doesnt want to do it. He then decides that he DOES want to gamble and goes back. He chooses to let the old man die. He goes all the way to the end and his other piece of shit friend kill himself...which he could have stopped. Probably. He then leaves the game with money. Comes home to find his mom dead, who he neglected and took advantage of all show. He then goes into depression and instead of helping ANYONE, chooses to just stew in his own misery. He then meets the old man who has yet ANOTHER game where they gamble on a stranger's life...who he could have gone and helped, he didnt. The ONLY thing he does is give away his money to his shitbag friend's mom to watch over a kid, b/c he cant do it b/c hes a shitbag father....and then, instead of going to see his daughter he chooses GAMBLING WITH HIS LIFE, yet again. How is being a useless shitbag that really only thinks of himself, not his arc?

Reactions: blue-sun

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
How is it not his arc?

We meet him and hes a degenerate gambler. Hes a shit father. Hes a shit son. He goes to a game where he can feed his gambling addiction, but its with his life, not money. So he decides he doesnt want to do it. He then decides that he DOES want to gamble and goes back. He chooses to let the old man die. He goes all the way to the end and his other piece of shit friend kill himself...which he could have stopped. Probably. He then leaves the game with money. Comes home to find his mom dead, who he neglected and took advantage of all show. He then goes into depression and instead of helping ANYONE, chooses to just stew in his own misery. He then meets the old man who has yet ANOTHER game where they gamble on a stranger's life...who he could have gone and helped, he didnt. The ONLY thing he does is give away his money to his shitbag friend's mom to watch over a kid, b/c he cant do it b/c hes a shitbag father....and then, instead of going to see his daughter he chooses GAMBLING WITH HIS LIFE, yet again. How is being a useless shitbag that really only thinks of himself, not his arc?
Because no matter how many life changing events he goes through, he remains completely unchanged (as you point out several times above). That’s crappy writing imo.

Maybe we have two different perceptions on what character arc means, this is from wiki

A character arc is the transformation or inner journey of a character over the course of a story. If a story has a character arc, the character begins as one sort of person and gradually transforms into a different sort of person in response to changing developments in the story.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info