Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
sweet camera bro :s00ls:

spun bearings dont normally squeak...

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
Brags about spinning it to 7k all the time, days later wonders why it squeaks from the bottom end

Devildog1833

Reaction score
What is the oil pressure like? Can you get a mechanics stethoscope and listen to different areas of the motor while running, it may help narrow it down.

6literEat'r

Reaction score
for the fuck of it, take your belt off to rule out any accessories...

more than likley, i hate to say it youve got a main/cam bearing taking
a shit!

Wrencher

Reaction score
Check your flywheel too. If your an automatic I've heard them sound like that when they crack also.

DynaSlim

Reaction score
When i installed motor i wasn't sure which way the stock 153 tooth went on. Maybe if I'm lucky that's it. Pulled belts still had squeak. Once i get some time maybe Saturday, I'll drain the pan and see. Had a valve cover off but everything looked normal & no metal savings up there. The squeak isn't very consistent its only at idle but it also won't idle normal, i have to give it little throttle to keep it from dying and when it dies its some what struggles to start up. When it first happened i had to put a wrench on the starter and jump the battery to get it fired.

Turbocharged400sbc

Welllllllllll ya knowwwwwww.....
Reaction score
you couldnt tell which side of the flexplate had the underhead bolt marking only around the holes, and which side had the large flat contact pattern of the crank?

the flexplate has indents for the converter bolts/feet and i doubt you woulda been able to bolt it up to it...

what your describing sounds like the mains are gone

DynaSlim

Reaction score
Yeah I'm leaning to the unfortunate destruction of the Mains. Well there's my winter project that'll be sitting till tax refunds if i get any. Looking for beater car now so i can stop begging for rides to work. Also applying for rental house. This is one brutal way to end the year but could be start of much bigger things next season.

I'll update what i find Saturday when i drain the pan with a magnet.

SaturdaysGS

Reaction score
I'm going to have to agree with James as well, only because I've blown up two boat 305's. One started chirping then kaboom out on the lake (my fault, I overheated the piss out of it at WOT) and the other it was a bitch to start and keep running but I was able to make it far enough to not have to paddle to a place to get it trailered.

Slow Buick

eat ass drive fast
Reaction score
The best thing you could do to that 305 at this point is put a brick on the gas pedal and suck on the exhaust like it's your boyfriend's dick.

boogeyman

T-BURD
Reaction score
if u put the flywheel on backwards it could be pushing the crank forward and ruining the thrust bearing on the mains.

DynaSlim

Reaction score
Thanks. Maybe i should have called you over when i put it on. Only thing i thought was the weight thing had to go on the inside. No other way to tell. Think a stock converter would balloon at high RPMs? I didn't get to mess with car today. Very busy at work with the pineapple express storm and shallow ricers barges running a land. The overtime pay will be helpful tho.

DynaSlim

Reaction score
We'll can only flash a stock one to maybe 1800. Neutral dropping might do it then.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom