Mike
liJi7RI.jpg

Change [MENTION=682]Sprayin[/MENTION]'s mind

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
For the 80s this movie was groundbreaking in both story and cgi. If you hold old films to current standards you are going to be dissapointed.

That is actually my argument for The Terminator. People like T2 better because it was newer and it aged better in terms of picture quality. And also probably because of the age they were when it came out.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
[MENTION=682]Sprayin[/MENTION] is just pissed because T2 won 4 technical achievement Oscars, and counting Oscars is a direct correlation to how "good" a movie is, obviously. Whereas the first Terminator didn't win or get nominated for ANY Oscars, so it can't be overrated.

The first Terminator is overrated if anything.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
The cool thing about this movie is that they used CG effects but they were executed in a way that was realistic within the realm of their capabilities. They didn't try to make the blob of metal with all sorts of crazy textures they had no way of rendering, they just made it a blob of metal. Even a lot of modern CGI movies could get a clue from this. The T1000 going through the bars at the asylum was a total "holy shit" moment and is still an awesome tension builder even today as an example.

I wish we could go back to the days of action films where the plot was also good like this or Die Hard vs now where it's a hundred million bucks of CGI and a script that would give me a rash if I wiped my ass with it. The rise of Transformers/Comic Book movies has lead to a lot of generic plots. In this realm I'll plant a flag on the hill that Marvel sucks compared to DC.

Thread Info