• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Movie SprayinTomatoes Presents: Terminator 2 is overrated

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score

Change [MENTION=682]Sprayin[/MENTION]'s mind

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score
:rofl:

Yes, it is overrated. That doesn't mean I'm saying it's bad! It's very good. Its just: The Terminator was a better movie. Fight me.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
No time fo this. Every asshole had an opinion one thing something etc...

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
For the 80s this movie was groundbreaking in both story and cgi. If you hold old films to current standards you are going to be dissapointed.

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
:rofl:

Yes, it is overrated. That doesn't mean I'm saying it's bad! It's very good. Its just: The Terminator was a better movie. Fight me.
I do agree to an extent. Personally I like the first movie more than the second movie but the second movie was a vast improvement on the original.

Lead Pipe

I'm Tiny Riiiiiiiiick
Reaction score
Can't we just merge these all into one thread? Sprayin thinks _____ is over rated. Everyday can be a different topic.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
New topics bring fresh content. YOU KNOW HOW THIS WORKS

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score
Can't we just merge these all into one thread? Sprayin thinks _____ is over rated. Everyday can be a different topic.
We could definitely have a whole thread devoted to how Top Gun sucks, that's for sure.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score
For the 80s this movie was groundbreaking in both story and cgi. If you hold old films to current standards you are going to be dissapointed.
That is actually my argument for The Terminator. People like T2 better because it was newer and it aged better in terms of picture quality. And also probably because of the age they were when it came out.

NOMIEZVR4

Reaction score
both are good movies. i enjoyed t2 more. epic movie for sure. its one of the few movies ive seen more than once.

daturbosix

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
TF?!

how can anyone say that about T2? fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

defiantly say that about star wars, but not T2

Omicron

From Russia With Love
Donating Member
Reaction score
T2 vs T1 is a similar comparison to Aliens vs Alien

T1 is, like Alien, more of a sci fi / horror film than and action film

T2 is far more Action/ Sci fi as is Aliens.

All are excellent movies and arguably the best of their types ever made.

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
[MENTION=682]Sprayin[/MENTION] is just pissed because T2 won 4 technical achievement Oscars, and counting Oscars is a direct correlation to how "good" a movie is, obviously. Whereas the first Terminator didn't win or get nominated for ANY Oscars, so it can't be overrated.

The first Terminator is overrated if anything.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Reaction score
The cool thing about this movie is that they used CG effects but they were executed in a way that was realistic within the realm of their capabilities. They didn't try to make the blob of metal with all sorts of crazy textures they had no way of rendering, they just made it a blob of metal. Even a lot of modern CGI movies could get a clue from this. The T1000 going through the bars at the asylum was a total "holy shit" moment and is still an awesome tension builder even today as an example.

I wish we could go back to the days of action films where the plot was also good like this or Die Hard vs now where it's a hundred million bucks of CGI and a script that would give me a rash if I wiped my ass with it. The rise of Transformers/Comic Book movies has lead to a lot of generic plots. In this realm I'll plant a flag on the hill that Marvel sucks compared to DC.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Reaction score
i just started resuming jessica jones season 3 ep 8 and the audio was her saying "you're an idiot you know" right as i was opening this thread. and the audio fit indeed good sirs

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom