Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.
IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook
Most of my "overrated" is not a critique of the movie itself, but a critique on how it was received.I mean, it doesn't sound like you're critiquing the movie it self, but rather that you don't like how racist/ignorant people responded to the movie, which is unavoidable given the plot
This movie was amazing
Maybe we come from different areas, but that was absolutely not the case where I grew up. Hell, even on here, people have posted the gif of the curb stomp. I want to even go as far to say that someone had a picture from this movie as their avatar.I think the title to your second list of bullet points shouldn't be "why it's overrated", but rather, "Why this movie should have never been made"
Completely ignoring the fact that 99% of people that watched this movie did not react as you described. Most were disgusted at the hate they saw, they didn't use the movie as an excuse to promote hate
I don't like to use RT scores to judge things because its just a % of people that say its good. So 83% of the reviews from critics say it was good. Its either yes or no. It's not like "Oh, I'd give that movie an 8/10" rating.American History X got an 83% TomatoMeter and 96% audience score.
Guess I need to see it because those are really high ratings. It had better not be overrated.
T2, didn't really have any actors that stood out as being great in their roles. They all just sort of...existed But, I thought that they did enough to move the story along. IMO, the writing was good, and the dialogue could have been great, had good actors played their parts.Really bad. Totally forgettable in both this and T2.
i feel kinda the exact opposite. the black and white scenes more so showed how the hate was spread, and made the white people that fell for it (in the movie) seem weak minded.What’s Great:
- Amazing character arc for Ed Norton
- Black and white cinematography for scenes in the past
- Top notch acting from Ed Norton
- Extremely well written story
Why it’s overrated:
- The entire black and white scenes, taken out of context from the rest of the movie, is like porn for overtly racist people that love slinging the N bomb and the throwing digs at Jews. The story is actually about a guy who was brainwashed into an absolutely ridiculous ideology. The rest of the story shows his pathway to the light and how he learns that it’s all bullshit. In the end, due to his blind devotion to that ideology, it cost the life of his younger brother. There is a legitimate meaning in the movie, and its completely and totally lost on most.
- Curb-stomp scene is the most played out and overused example of someone trying to be a badass
- Primary source material for a TON of the racist jokes that I heard for years
- Made it cool to get a swastika tattoo on your chest