🔧 BUILD Sprayin's 2023 Tesla Model Y LR

General Information

Just picked up a brand new 2023 Tesla Model Y Long Range. Which I, obviously, got in Blue. The rest of Tesla colors are boring af, and the wife would never drive a red car. Blue is the best anyways.

The wife's 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee was getting up there in age and miles (71k) and we decided it was time to move into something else. We looked at a bunch of options (Explorer, Grand Cherokee, Aviator) but most of them were more than we wanted to spend (>$70k). I visited my brother down in AZ a few weeks ago and drove around in his Model 3 a bit. This was the same time that Telsa dropped their prices by $4k. We initially were hesitant in the MY because it looks kind of small from the outside. So we went over to the mall to sit in one and see the size of it. Once we realized it was plenty big, it was a no brainer.

We ordered the car on April 23rd, and we had a trade in to process. The car came in and we took delivery today May 5th. We ordered the car brand new and didn't order from existing inventory. So taking less than 2 weeks to get the car seems like it was stupid fast delivery IMO.

This was such an odd car buying experience. Just about everything was handled in the app, and any communication with a person was through text. It was kind of nice since I hate dealers. And picking up the car was so odd. If we didn't have a trade in, you just process picking up the car in the app and just drive away with it without talking to anyone.

So far, it's pretty nice! Drives like a dream. And is stupid fast for the class of vehicle that it is. I legit think this thing is faster than my Mustang.

I have a small complaint, which is consistent with what most people say about the car. The paint quality is pretty poor. The whole car has orange peel. And it's pretty obvious when you get up close. It's not a deal breaker for me, but it's a little surprising considering the price point.

20230505_144426.jpg

20230505_144444.jpg
20230505_141531.jpg

Out with the old Jeep in the background.

Thread Info