🔧 BUILD Sprayin's 2013 Mustang GT

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Just went to Facebook to put my ass to sleep and this is literally the first thing I see!:ROFLMAO:

0FEA9FF3-C83E-4C38-A0DF-16B720940D8A.jpeg

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
those transmissions are complete junk.
Man I don’t know. I believe mine would have lived much longer if I didn’t go with the clutch I did. Even so, blowing it up around 900rwhp doesn’t make me mad. Mine was absolutely awesome until the Spec clutch.
I’m just teasing, your car is an animal it would just be faster as an auto lol, and you did my bike only went 10.8
Oh I know Brett I didn’t take that the wrong way at all. My car would definitely be a good half second faster than I’ve currently ran if it was auto.
I've been fortunate with my boosted MT82. Granted it doesn't get any track time and lately very limited street use even.
I’m sure you’ll never have an issue with what you do with it. People way overstate how bad the mt82 is. Buncha non driving women that need autos:)

GLIGTO

Coyote Nut Swinger
Jun 3, 2012
Desantis-Land
FYI my 2013 was much, much better to drive after putting it on full Steeda suspension. Had their Sport springs and pro-something shocks/Struts. The factory Track Pack suspension straight up sucks. The Steeda was better in literally every way, whether on street or on track. More comfortable, less dive/pitch/roll, more predictable, just better everywhere. Upgrading the clutch helped it be less frustrating as well since you could finally shift at redline without issues.

Reactions: Dave M

Dave M

TCG Elite Member
Aug 28, 2015
Gurnee
Real Name
Morefield
I gotta say you guys are nuts. My stock MT82 has went 11.20 @ 123 on slicks and shifts like buttah. I did install a real shifter and the Calimer cocktail which made a hyuuuuge difference. Yeah the S197 is raw, but that's what I love about it. I'm pushing 50 now and driving my 10 year old heap makes me feel like a kid again. That being said, no way I'd drive that bitch every day. It's loud, rides like a stagecoach, but I can still fuck up 95% of cars that want to FAFO and that makes me smile. My commute is 70 miles round trip and I try to drive it to work 2-3 times a week now that I switched back to 93 for winter.

Reactions: GLIGTO

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
20230318_141739.jpg

Wife took the DD out of town for the weekend, so I had to use the Mustang. Annnnnnddddd it's snowing. Pretty hard here. Who said Mustangs can't handle the snow? Thing was super stable, even on these country ass roads out here that aren't taken care of. Gunna be 50 this week so I'll get all the gunk hosed off of it then.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
The one blemish that this thing has always had thag drives me nuts is on the rear decklid. Ford out these panels on there for the faux fuel cap to snap into. For whatever reason, the paint is baked around the edges of this one. See the photo below.

Screenshot_20230324_132124_Chrome.jpg

Trying to decide what to do with it. I tried putting on a decal and it looked bad. So I scraped that idea. My options are:

1. Get it repainted. This is probably the most expensive option.

2. Buy one off of a part out vehicle. Cons on that are that tabs may be broken or not in great shape. Probably in the $150-200 range.

Both of the above options would keep it gloss black. Which I have mixed opinions about. If the car wasn't black I would have replaced it with something flat black a long time ago.

3. Get one of these styled pieces that changes the look. This is the one I was possibly thinking.

It looks decent in the photos but I can't tell if it looks too ricer or too dumb looking. haven't seen it in photos, or would know if it cheapens the look significantly.

Anyone have any opinions on what they like best?

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
The one blemish that this thing has always had thag drives me nuts is on the rear decklid. Ford out these panels on there for the faux fuel cap to snap into. For whatever reason, the paint is baked around the edges of this one. See the photo below.

View attachment 156534

Trying to decide what to do with it. I tried putting on a decal and it looked bad. So I scraped that idea. My options are:

2. Buy one off of a part out vehicle. Cons on that are that tabs may be broken or not in great shape. Probably in the $150-200 range.

Both of the above options would keep it gloss black. Which I have mixed opinions about. If the car wasn't black I would have replaced it with something flat black a long time ago.

3. Get one of these styled pieces that changes the look. This is the one I was possibly thinking.

It looks decent in the photos but I can't tell if it looks too ricer or too dumb looking. haven't seen it in photos, or would know if it cheapens the look significantly.

You flaming ricer homo!

Would look fine!

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go

View attachment 156534

What about the GT500 wing?

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city

View attachment 156534

I had the smooth rtr gloss black one on mine and the gt500 wing I liked the way it looked

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I had the smooth rtr gloss black one on mine and the gt500 wing I liked the way it looked
I think it looks so weird without the faux gas cap. Maybe salvageable if it had an emblem back there like the S550 did. But didn't see that as an option.

I wanna do the GT500 wing but none of them come painted, and I don't wanna have to try to get it painted just for a spoiler.

Dave M

TCG Elite Member
Aug 28, 2015
Gurnee
Real Name
Morefield
Reactions: Mook and Sprayin

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI

Anyone make this change? I've wanted to do this for a while. I just cringe at the idea of cutting up the bumper, even if the lines are already there to cut along. It looks so much better this way.

Also, haven't heard the GT500 mufflers on a [otherwise stock exhaust] Coyote. But I remember a lot of people doing it in the past.

On just about every Mustang I've owned, I've kept the stock mufflers. I like the sound much better than the annoyingly loud aftermarket mufflers. So a little hesitant on that side too.

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
As beast said, the GT500 mufflers are a great upgrade from stock, and keep a great tone and volume. I ran them on mine and coupled them with GT500 axle pipes (no resonators) and a off road mid. I think way way back, dyno test showed like 2-3rhp from aftermarket units that were pretty much straight through

Thread Info