🔧 BUILD Sprayin's 2013 Mustang GT

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
This is my 2013 Mustang GT. It's black with the track pack (brembo brakes, 3.73 gear, and the wheels). It's a 6 speed manual.

Picked this car up back in June. It used to be my Mom's car. She bought it brand new in 2012 out in California, and only drove it periodically. She's pushing 70 and doesn't enjoy driving the manual anymore, so it ended up sitting a lot. When I crashed my 2018 back in May, my mom was already looking to get back into an SUV. So she gave me a killer deal on buying the car. It still has less than 50k miles on it.

I hadn't made a thread up to this point because the car was embarrassingly dirty. My mom thought she was taking care of the car, but would often run it through automatic car washes, and would only periodically do the wash and wax deals at those car wash places. She lives out the middle of no where northern Wisconsin, and there are a lot of trees around her driveway (which is about 1/2 mile long and gravel). So the car got beat up a bit. I tried doing a little wash in my driveway when I noticed the odd contamination on the car. Tried a clay bar and it didn't work so I realized I had to take it to someone who knows what they're doing. Mook Mook recommended I take it to Gav'sPurpleZ Gav'sPurpleZ to get her cleaned up. Picked the car up today and it's a night and day difference. Head over to the thread to check out the work he did:

Now that the car isn't embarrassing to look at, it was time to make the thread. I stole a few pics from Gavs thread.

tapatalk_1604170054352.jpeg

tapatalk_1604170069433.jpeg

tapatalk_1604170048203.jpeg

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
The car was obviously 100% stock when I got it. I took the nGauge off my 18, and got Lund to do a 93 octane tune on the car. I tried putting on the Drag Radials from the 2018 on, but the lug nuts were totally different, so had to go with street tires. This is the trim I brought it to the track day on. Car went a PB of 12.68@112 at the track day. I was pretty impressed with the times considering it was on old ass OEM Pirellis.

The track day got me itching to go faster, so I hit up Mook Mook for some of them FRPP go not-quite-as-slow parts.

So far I've gotten proper lug nuts, 47# Injectors, and the Boss Manifold "Install kit". Ordered a Boss Manifold but I'm still waiting for that to come in. The plan is to do an E85 Flex tune with the Boss Intake Manifold.

20201027_135329.jpg

20201027_135258.jpg

Dave M

TCG Elite Member
Aug 28, 2015
Gurnee
Real Name
Morefield
Nice!! Great to see you back in a 'Yote. Considering the temps on that track day you ran great times. I went 12.64 @ 113 on the stock Pirellis when I was bone stock, so pretty close in that regard. The Boss intake was worth 3 tenths for me, but I had to replace my clutch to take full advantage since I had lockout over 7k, but now I can rip 7.7k shifts all day. What are your plans long term? And you know you missed the super rigid S197 chassis :cool:

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
If I spent $1200 on a CJ setup, then you could bust my balls.
Why, becuase you have an intake that makes more power and the car goes quicker with? lol

I agree, the boss looks nice. But the HP gains are minimal. There is some RPM to gain but not worth the trade off over a GT intake. But I get the look factor when you pop the hood.

What gear is in the car? Get a good bias ply and launch that thing with a lot of RPM. Start at 5800 and go up from there. That is where most of the gains come from.

I went 11.9x with the car stock with a 3.73, 275/60/15 and a lame Ford Pro-Cal tune. I should have went slick and a lot more RPM. There was more in the front hald for sure.

I added cat deletes and a AED tune and went 11.44. Wish I had launched the car higer as again, the front half of the pass had more in it.

Then CJ, mono blade, E85, and Slicks & skinnies. Still creeping up the launch RPM and a trans I couldn't power shift over 7,400 rpm (bought the car used and the trans already had issues). The car went 11.2 all day. It had more in it with launching higher than the 6,200 I was using last. As well as being able to shift the car at 7800-8,000 rpm. But ended up deciding, stupidly, to trade it in on an S550 after the trans was rebuilt under warranty.

On SVTP there is a big thread that Drew and I documented the car. Including trying different combos on the dyno. DIfferent cold air kits, CJ intake with porting and stock, different throttle bodies, and track times. This was back in 2012-13. That car was flying for that time. Now 2018+ 10 speed cars with a tune run quicker. Haha

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Why, becuase you have an intake that makes more power and the car goes quicker with? lol

I agree, the boss looks nice. But the HP gains are minimal. There is some RPM to gain but not worth the trade off over a GT intake. But I get the look factor when you pop the hood.

What gear is in the car? Get a good bias ply and launch that thing with a lot of RPM. Start at 5800 and go up from there. That is where most of the gains come from.

I went 11.9x with the car stock with a 3.73, 275/60/15 and a lame Ford Pro-Cal tune. I should have went slick and a lot more RPM. There was more in the front hald for sure.

I added cat deletes and a AED tune and went 11.44. Wish I had launched the car higer as again, the front half of the pass had more in it.

Then CJ, mono blade, E85, and Slicks & skinnies. Still creeping up the launch RPM and a trans I couldn't power shift over 7,400 rpm (bought the car used and the trans already had issues). The car went 11.2 all day. It had more in it with launching higher than the 6,200 I was using last. As well as being able to shift the car at 7800-8,000 rpm. But ended up deciding, stupidly, to trade it in on an S550 after the trans was rebuilt under warranty.

On SVTP there is a big thread that Drew and I documented the car. Including trying different combos on the dyno. DIfferent cold air kits, CJ intake with porting and stock, different throttle bodies, and track times. This was back in 2012-13. That car was flying for that time. Now 2018+ 10 speed cars with a tune run quicker. Haha
I give grandprixvet a ton of shit for nut hugging on N/A setups, and spending tons of money on stuff that is ultimately useless when compared to boost. That's why.

This is by no means a max effort build. I'm not trying to break any records here or even really grudge race the car. I just want it to look nice, be fun to drive, and be quick enough to not be the slowest car at a track day.

Rear is a 3.73 gear.

Thread Info