Sprayin Has A Mid-Life Crisis

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I mean, it IS a DSM. I would definitely give you mad :bigthumb: if you took the motor out and rebuilt it though. I personally wouldn't unless it was a hella fresh car, which that one is on the fence of being. I'd be well.... on the fence :rofl:
I'm at the point where I think I could stuff pistons/rings in there without having to pull the engine. Just pull the head and pan and run a hone. Do 2G pistons on the 1G rod. Do rod bearings/bolts while I'm there. I was thinking about doing the timing belt and accessory belts anyways. So it's not a ton of extra work. Just mainly gaskets everywhere. Haven't decided if that's what I want to do yet. Im wandering dangerously into the "while I'm there I might as well" creep that gets out of control.

Idk. I'm still evaluating the options.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I am the "whilst I'm there" kind of person too. I had a 240k mile prelude that needed a clutch to be a car. I ended up pulling the motor and replacing pretty much every gasket on the entire engine and putting it back together. Why? Because, I was already there, it's not THAT much to just do this and that. That motor would have lasted another 100k miles, but on it's way there would have burned 300gallons of oil. Sometimes, we just get too far ahead of ourselves :rofl: and IMO it's always worth it. Because you're already there.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
20190305_183245.jpeg

Hello there.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
So the "cord" dude was talking about that was near the PCM that he thought was for tuning... Is tubing for the boost gauge. I don't think this thing is tuned at all.

Which is odd because it definitely has aftermarket injectors in it.

I pulled the PCM and it is a socketed EPROM PCM so it's easy to get ECMlink to tune it. Which is probably what I'm going to do.

Thread Info