Sprayin Gets a Coyote

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I wouldn't have been as pissed with 10.01 or higher. But 10.000 pisses me off.

You should be good now, I’ve only pulled down once from my first 9 but 1 psi dropped a little over a tenth off my 1/4, it should bring your 60’ down quite a bit adding 5psi and all the low down tq that will come with the boost ramping in faster, I bet you will be trapping 146-150

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
You should be good now, I’ve only pulled down once from my first 9 but 1 psi dropped a little over a tenth off my 1/4, it should bring your 60’ down quite a bit adding 5psi and all the low down tq that will come with the boost ramping in faster, I bet you will be trapping 146-150

Can't wait to be told to go home after 1 pass at the track :rofl:

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
That’s one thing I never understood about current racing. As cars are getting stupid fast and people not wanting the safety equipment that should come with these cars. Some of these cars nowa-days with a tune and intake are running the same times as yesteryears full out Racecars.

I don’t know all the rules but I hear people talk about it a lot.....we have to go to GLD or Byron so we can race as they will let us go.

If all these farm strips go away and the only thing left is places like Rt 66, they won’t be racing.

It’s just a thought about the subject as I joined plenty of my friends that visit GLD and Byron type tracks for a night of racing, I always had my helmet and never went fast enough for a cage requirement.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
That’s one thing I never understood about current racing. As cars are getting stupid fast and people not wanting the safety equipment that should come with these cars. Some of these cars nowa-days with a tune and intake are running the same times as yesteryears full out Racecars.

I don’t know all the rules but I hear people talk about it a lot.....we have to go to GLD or Byron so we can race as they will let us go.

If all these farm strips go away and the only thing left is places like Rt 66, they won’t be racing.

It’s just a thought about the subject as I joined plenty of my friends that visit GLD and Byron type tracks for a night of racing, I always had my helmet and never went fast enough for a cage requirement.

You need some sort of cage at 11.5 if I remember right, I have no problem waring a helmet but I’m not cutting a perfectly good car apart for a cage to run 10 passes a year with

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
You need some sort of cage at 11.5 if I remember right, I have no problem waring a helmet but I’m not cutting a perfectly good car apart for a cage to run 10 passes a year with
For 2008-newer cars, it's 10.0 or quicker.

If you run 9.99 1/4 or 6.39 1/8 you need a NHRA Competition license and and NHRA chassis cert. Yeah. Let me get rightttttt on that.

This thing is smoother down the track knocking on the 9s than my 3v was not even getting into the 11s. I understand rules, and safety. But, nah, I'm good. They won't let me run, I'll just keep it on the street.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
For 2008-newer cars, it's 10.0 or quicker.

If you run 9.99 1/4 or 6.39 1/8 you need a NHRA Competition license and and NHRA chassis cert. Yeah. Let me get rightttttt on that.

This thing is smoother down the track knocking on the 9s than my 3v was not even getting into the 11s. I understand rules, and safety. But, nah, I'm good. They won't let me run, I'll just keep it on the street.

Gld is ihra now they don’t recognize the nhra rule from what I understand, but most of the people That hand out slips don’t know any better (high school chics) 41 just doesn’t give a fuck but the prep is slightly worse than gld

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Houston Raceway is an NHRA track but they generally don't gaf from what I can tell. The tech guy doesn't ask questions, and the return road people are always kids. My pass in the low 10s without my helmet they told me to put it on but that was it.

I remember GLD being kinda dicks back in the day about tech if you were there on a regular TnT day. RSD days they didn't tech shit, which was nice.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I had no issue when I went back to GLD and ran clocks off. Unfortunately I couldn't get deeper into the 9's that day. Hope for no issues when I return.

The car is butter going down the track and I know accidents can happen, but I don't feel like caging a street car.

My car used to feel crazy fast to me but anymore a trip down the drag strip feels like a quick pull on the way to work lol, last time out I left soft figured it was a terrible 60’ because I didn’t get “that feeling” the rush of g force, it wasn’t far off one of my best 60’s lol fuck guess I need to spend more money to get that feeling back again, anyway yeah I’m not caging a car that I do much worse things on worse surfaces just to make a track happy I’ll go to 41 every time and bribe them to vht the shit out of my lane if I have to lol

Thread Info