Sprayin Gets a Coyote

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score
As much as I was one of the biggest 3v nutswingers out there, it was just time for an Upgrayedd.

Kinda went into a dealership just to poke around. Saw a few Mustangs, but nothing I really liked. Said things like "this would get gapped by a 3v" and was generally disappointed. Then the guy pulled up a premium and was like "sit in it". Started it up annnnnnnnnnnndddddddd I was sold. They didn't have the options I was looking for at this dealership. So I started looking online and found the car that was optioned out exactly the way I wanted.

It is a 2018 Mustang GT Premium. I wanted the GT performance pack, I wanted it in a color that you can't find on a Mercedes C class, and I wanted it to be an automatic. Drove 60 miles north and a few long and agonizing hours later, she was mine.

This thing is simply amazing. The 10 speed automatic is fantastic. I never thought I'd say that about an auto. And wow does this thing scoot. Even compared to my brother's 2014 Coyote with boltons, this thing feels like a rocketship.

I'm gunna miss banging the 3v off the limiter but even after driving this thing just for a few short minutes, I'm sure that'll fade quickly.

20180421_192228.jpg
20180421_192720.jpg

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Congrats on buying the most common color Mustang!

:s00ls:

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score
Congrats on buying the most common color Mustang!

:s00ls:
I don't know if I'd agree with that. You wouldn't believe how hard it was to find a Mustang that wasnt black, white, or silver (well, red was common too I guess, but there are 3 different reds.)

Marko

Reaction score
Congrats. The new Mustangs are dope

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
Congratulations, car is Sweeeet. I love the color!!

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score
Lets be honest yellow is the fastest and rarest color, ohh and cant find that color on a C class either. :s00ls:
Yellow would be be amazing! Didnt see a single yellow one in any configuration on a lot here and I went to 5 or so dealers.

98GrandPrixIraqVet

Reaction score
Yellow would be be amazing! Didnt see a single yellow one in any configuration on a lot here and I went to 5 or so dealers.
Ive really grown to love mine for the simple fact Ive only seen 2 Black Accent 5.0s in yellow like mine.

Congrats on the new car!! I really need to at least find an A10 car and take one for a rip!!

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'm going to get some proper pics soon. My phone died during the buying process so I didn't get a chance to get any good ones. I'll get some better ones today but it perpetually rains here in Houston so it's hard to get a good one.

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
Congratulations. That thing is quicker than the 2011-2017. Now buy a Cobra Jet intake and throttle body and run into 10's. Ok? Thanks

Hahaha

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
Nice, but auto, on purpose?

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score
Nice, but auto, on purpose?

Yup on purpose. I've driven enough MT82 cars to know how shitty they are. And this 10R80 is amazing.

I'm surprised it took this long for someone to call gay haha.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score
Congratulations. That thing is quicker than the 2011-2017. Now buy a Cobra Jet intake and throttle body and run into 10's. Ok? Thanks

Hahaha
Lol I'll probably just play with an E85 tune for now. See how long it takes me. To get the itch.

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Let me know what you think of the trans after a few miles. The one I drove (am driving now) is mushy and slow-shifting at low speeds in everything but Track mode. Almost feels like a CVT. And the converter locks way early and bogs the engine, even bucks at low speeds like a manual. It rips at WOT, but low speed performance is disappointing. Perhaps it’s a problem with this particular car. The paddle shifters are slow too. WOT performance is holy shit good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom