đź’¦ Detailing Spray/Quick Detailers

JFish75

Addict
TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2019
Winfield, Il.
I have had a couple different brands of this stuff but just samples that I have gotten and used. Anyone better than the other? Or are they all about the same?
I have used Griots Speed shine, and Eagle One quick detailer which I thought worked pretty good, but my "samples" are gone and looking to actually purchase something to have around.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I would recommend get a waterless wash concentrate like ONR or Ultima and from their diluting it down into a quick detailer. It is WAY more economical than spending $7/8/9/10 a pop on the off the shelf bottles and the performance is great. Plus you have the option to use it as an actual waterless wash.

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
A great one you can pick up anywhere is Lucas quick spray. My buddy sprays it on his black car in the middle of summer and no streaks.

If you want the best, dual polymer waterless wash BY FAR. But it’s a two step process. Spray it on, smear it, let it dry to a haze, and go back with another dry towel and wipe the smears off. Literally gets rid of 80-90% of marks.

4D72073F-81AF-4F9B-875E-F2B650A0B6AE.jpeg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I have had a couple different brands of this stuff but just samples that I have gotten and used. Anyone better than the other? Or are they all about the same?
I have used Griots Speed shine, and Eagle One quick detailer which I thought worked pretty good, but my "samples" are gone and looking to actually purchase something to have around.
I've been happy with the Speed Shine and also the Best of Show Detailer. Got the Speed Shine 35oz on sale for like $12.

JFish75

Addict
TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2019
Winfield, Il.
I would recommend get a waterless wash concentrate like ONR or Ultima and from their diluting it down into a quick detailer. It is WAY more economical than spending $7/8/9/10 a pop on the off the shelf bottles and the performance is great. Plus you have the option to use it as an actual waterless wash.
I am not too overly concerned about being economical with the off the shelf stuff, I actually have a shit ton of Speed Perks from Advanced I can use so it wouldn't be costing me that much. But if this is by far better then I will definitely keep it in play.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Not only is it economical, but they work well. Otherwise you are just throwing money down the drain. I have been detailing for a while and it doesn't get any better than these products when it comes to spray detailers.

Reactions: DanJ

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Quick detailer..................... being used for ?
I'd have to agree with a rinseless wash product since the technology behind it is to encapsulate the dirt.
I still cant get behind the rinseless stuff. I have read all about it and seen everything you have said.
Just have a hard time getting behind it on a dirty car.

Reactions: Gav'sPurpleZ

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
I still cant get behind the rinseless stuff. I have read all about it and seen everything you have said.
Just have a hard time getting behind it on a dirty car.

Trust me, I agree ONE HUNDRED PERCENT.

That's why I asked what is the quick detailer being used for. If my car is "dirty" I dont "dust" it off with a spray and towel.
I will leave it dusty and wash it when it's really bad

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I use this all the time obviously given the recent orders. Works to keep the supra and tesla clean as I never go long enough to have a really dirty car. My water is especially harsh so I haven't done a traditional car wash in 4 years or more. I've tried other brands and always come back to it.

View attachment 73021

I've used that stuff too, still have some also. Was great. Tho when I ceramic coated my bmw I switched up to a do it yourself mixture of carpro reload and carpro ech2o

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Not only is it economical, but they work well. Otherwise you are just throwing money down the drain. I have been detailing for a while and it doesn't get any better than these products when it comes to spray detailers.

Ultima is my jam. Didn’t use it a lot this year being able to keep my car in the garage and doing a regular wash every week.

Reactions: blue-sun and greasy

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Trust me, I agree ONE HUNDRED PERCENT.

That's why I asked what is the quick detailer being used for. If my car is "dirty" I dont "dust" it off with a spray and towel.
I will leave it dusty and wash it when it's really bad
I’ve been using ONR for years. It works great when your car is just a bit dusty and needs a quick wash. In the winter when it’s covered in salt/grime, I like to run it through the coin op/touch less wash and get 90% of the grime off and the pull into the garage and do a ONR wash.

I also buy gallons of distilled water and pour out a tiny bit and then pour in 6 capfuls of ONR and use it as a quick detailer. It’s not the BEST QD out there, but as mentioned it’s bang for your buckway better than most other QD. It’s great for bird bombs and to help clean upharder to clean areas of the car (door jams ,door sills, trunk jams). It’s also a great clay bar/towel lube.

JFish75

Addict
TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2019
Winfield, Il.
Quick detailer..................... being used for ?
I'd have to agree with a rinseless wash product since the technology behind it is to encapsulate the dirt.

I use this to keep shine and it keeps the paint slick and easier to clean. Almost like in between waxes so to speak. If it’s dirty I wash it, and if it’s just dusty I dust it or wash it if it’s dusty enough. When I have used the other products mentioned I would wash the car and them use this once clean as an extra layer so to speak.
If this makes any sense

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Mothers CMX

New Turtlewax Spray ceramic is pretty good too.

The mothers is not considered a QD. Depending on the TW product, I wouldnt use a "ceramic" based QD to "QD"

I've been using CarPro ECH2O diluted to a detail spray for the past two years. Love the results. View attachment 73031
this is the product I have for rinseless / waterless touch ups and bird bombs. Works excellent on coated vehicles.

I’ve been using ONR for years. It works great when your car is just a bit dusty and needs a quick wash. In the winter when it’s covered in salt/grime, I like to run it through the coin op/touch less wash and get 90% of the grime off and the pull into the garage and do a ONR wash.

I also buy gallons of distilled water and pour out a tiny bit and then pour in 6 capfuls of ONR and use it as a quick detailer. It’s not the BEST QD out there, but as mentioned it’s bang for your buckway better than most other QD. It’s great for bird bombs and to help clean upharder to clean areas of the car (door jams ,door sills, trunk jams). It’s also a great clay bar/towel lube.

I would think Opti clean would be more of the "QD" product since it is formulated to be used without any water.
Winter time, yes, self serve car wash, rinse the crusty stuff... I bring the iK foam 9 with and foam my truck and then rinse it off. Rinseless wash back @ home.

I use this to keep shine and it keeps the paint slick and easier to clean. Almost like in between waxes so to speak. If it’s dirty I wash it, and if it’s just dusty I dust it or wash it if it’s dusty enough. When I have used the other products mentioned I would wash the car and them use this once clean as an extra layer so to speak.
If this makes any sense

Makes sense. I'm looking at it from a paint preservation point of view. The more you rub and wipe on the paint, the more swirls and "love marks" can be induced.
This is another reason why quality protection ( wax sealant etc ) is important for the in between cleanings.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info