Sports Illustrated Goes Woke

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
And now Khol's. SMH. (n)

kohls has been woke for awhile, most people are oblivious :rofl:. at least they were smart enough to avoid the tuck stuff. You can check any big companies "ESG Report" to see what their plans are. The Sonoma join was to increase their score :rofl:

Kohl's 2022 Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Highlights:

• Introduced Sonoma Community, a brand dedicated to offering meaningful collections that celebrate diversity and inspire togetherness
  • Increased spend with diverse suppliers by over 37% and increased supplier count by 70% in 2022
  • Committed nearly $8 million in support of diverse communities, specifically Asian American and Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander (AANHPI), Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC), LGBTQIA+, people with disabilities, veterans and active military members, and women, putting us well on our way to achieving our goal of donating $20 million by 2025

For a more a more comprehensive look at LGBTQ+ support, most companies rely on the Corporate Equality Index put out by The Human Rights Campaign. CEI is 40% based on outward facing LQBTQ policies, and a company can face an additional 25% penalty for actions which do not support the LGBTQ cause. A perfect CEI score requires donations to LGBTQ+ causes, refusal to donate to non-religious organizations that discriminate based on LGBTQ+ issues, and support of gender transition. Kohl’s received a perfect score in 2022.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Here’s the real problem… they can offer that stuff, but they will eventually stop offering it if nobody buys it. So the real question isn’t why are they offering it, but rather who TF is buying it? Who would somebody be compelled to buy that stuff? I mean I’m not exactly right wing but I’m not buying that shit for my kid. The only reason I think my kid would even want it is because she’s a 3yo and loves rainbows just like my sister did in the 80s when she was a kid so I’m not going to blame daycare or anything for “indoctrinating her into liking rainbows” like some people might claim.

That leaves us with one possibility, and that is the parents are seeking attention by proxy by having their kids wear this shit.

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008
FqFrLzqakAAaFkq.png

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Here’s the real problem… they can offer that stuff, but they will eventually stop offering it if nobody buys it. So the real question isn’t why are they offering it, but rather who TF is buying it? Who would somebody be compelled to buy that stuff? I mean I’m not exactly right wing but I’m not buying that shit for my kid. The only reason I think my kid would even want it is because she’s a 3yo and loves rainbows just like my sister did in the 80s when she was a kid so I’m not going to blame daycare or anything for “indoctrinating her into liking rainbows” like some people might claim.

That leaves us with one possibility, and that is the parents are seeking attention by proxy by having their kids wear this shit.
Yeah like rainbow wolves and shit.

More like kids being used as their parents billboard. Probably the kids whose parents quote them quoting climate scientists on Twitter.

In terms of the swimsuit issue and SI you can opt out. Betting like most things those who mean to never actually get around to it in a lot of cases. Then again who the fuck buys mags these days at all?[

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
just more companies chasing that perfect ESG score, or risk funding/financial incentives. Kinda of like extortion, and when you dont comply, you face social media backlash. Just a lose-lose situation. It's what all of this woke bullshit the vast majority of everyday people never asked for boils down to.

Mr_Roboto

TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
just more companies chasing that perfect ESG score, or risk funding/financial incentives. Kinda of like extortion, and when you dont comply, you face social media backlash. Just a lose-lose situation. It's what all of this woke bullshit the vast majority of everyday people never asked for boils down to.
I will say it will be fucking amazing if a corporation releases a statement one day that is like "We had to do it we were threatened about our ESG score." The retaliation would probably be impressive, but that's another matter entirely.

I suspect they're more subtle than that at times, if they weren't I think Elon would have dumped docs by now honestly.

Reactions: radioguy6

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
I will say it will be fucking amazing if a corporation releases a statement one day that is like "We had to do it we were threatened about our ESG score." The retaliation would probably be impressive, but that's another matter entirely.

I suspect they're more subtle than that at times, if they weren't I think Elon would have dumped docs by now honestly.

we could reach that breaking point soon. Look at Budweiser, how it came back full circle on them, not many saw that coming. People don't like being used as political tokens for products they consume.

Once you take a step back and realize some of these companies are being forced into an agenda, it completely invalidates anything they are so-called supporting. Yet people are too busy fighting with each other, and not the ones behind the curtain. Almost like its by design.

Mr_Roboto

TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Ah yes, the CEI. I've heard of that, but didn't think it had such a huge influence over companies.

More info:

I still don't know why any company would bother with what basically is a "woke index". In the real world, does anyone give a fuck if a company is "low" on the CEI, except for some LBGQTWXYZ+ people, or 0.01% of the population?
Because the companies like Black Rock tied to it have significant sway if people are investors in your company. If they own a share of your company already they probably have significant sway. When I was with EMC, Elliot had a 3% investment in it; That was enough to get them power on the board and to ultimately cause EMC to be like "fuck you we're going private" and selling to Dell.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Lingerie retailer Victoria’s Secret plans to withdraw its attempt at being more inclusive with its marketing, reverting to its original reputation in the wake of decreased sales.

The brand, known for hiring beautiful models, has tried to diversify its models over the past few years, including obese and transgender representatives. However, the rebrand attempt has not translated to increased sales, with the outlet’s projected revenue for this year at $6.2 billion, down by almost 20% compared to 2020’s $7.5 billion.

Simon Cowell Wow GIF by America's Got Talent

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Lingerie retailer Victoria’s Secret plans to withdraw its attempt at being more inclusive with its marketing, reverting to its original reputation in the wake of decreased sales.

The brand, known for hiring beautiful models, has tried to diversify its models over the past few years, including obese and transgender representatives. However, the rebrand attempt has not translated to increased sales, with the outlet’s projected revenue for this year at $6.2 billion, down by almost 20% compared to 2020’s $7.5 billion.

Simon Cowell Wow GIF by America's Got Talent's Got Talent

Shocking that women don't get sold on looking sexy when looking at obese women and men in panties! Who would have thought?

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN

100% the parents (normally moms) using their kids to advertise their own virtues. This clip by JBP sums a similar issue up perfectly, I love the way this dude frames a problem. I looked it up after I saw it, Karen Burke is the mom's name and she's a president at Disney.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
100% the parents (normally moms) using their kids to advertise their own virtues. This clip by JBP sums a similar issue up perfectly, I love the way this dude frames a problem. I looked it up after I saw it, Karen Burke is the mom's name and she's a president at Disney.

Jordan Peterson is one of the individuals that you sit back and learn from.

Thread Info