Votes: 19 65.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 34.5%

• Total voters

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
This would have be an overwhelming vote for YES to have this go into effect (affect?) but I'll bring it up.

Seems to be a lot of sporting threads popping up as of late and I would consider adding a sports section (this could also include biking / bmx).

Please vote if you would like to see this happen.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
How many threads do you have that might fit into this new forum?

Gypsy

Reaction score
Wtf! This was my idea, you tell me it's ridiculous, and finally I convince you to let me make a poll and lookey here. Somebody made a poll already and is no longer talking about how useless it would be. Oh how the tides turn.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
I said the exact same thing in my post that I told you.

Unless there was an overwhelming response of YES, this is worthless.

Gypsy

Reaction score
How many threads do you have that might fit into this new forum?
There's a Hockey Thread
A Fantasy Hockey thread (I think)
A Fantasy Baseball thread
A March Madness thread
A Fantasy Basketball thread
A Cubs thread
Fantasy Football
Nascar
A snowboarding thread
Threads for each sport usually to actually discuss. (there was a football thread running during season and a bball one through the playoffs last year.
Plus a bunch of random ones that happen for sports news (like Peyton Manning getting the boot)

Gypsy

Reaction score
And all bike threads which I don't know how many there are since I'm not into that.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There's a Hockey Thread
A Fantasy Hockey thread (I think)
A Fantasy Baseball thread
A March Madness thread
A Fantasy Basketball thread
A Cubs thread
Fantasy Football
Nascar
A snowboarding thread
Threads for each sport usually to actually discuss. (there was a football thread running during season and a bball one through the playoffs last year.
Plus a bunch of random ones that happen for sports news (like Peyton Manning getting the boot)
So like, 25 threads MAYBE? :dunno: I'm not feelin it myself, but I don't do sports really.

Gypsy

Reaction score
So like, 25 threads MAYBE? :dunno: I'm not feelin it myself, but I don't do sports really.
I guess I was looking at it as there would really be no real reason against it and 25 consistently active threads is more than some other sections, no?

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score
My only problem with it is that those threads get traffic because they are in Off Topic, which is a heavy traffic section. I think a sports section might lower the traffic and potential participation in those threads.

Gypsy

Reaction score
:rofl: :rofl: This isn't one of my crusades. I honestly just think it wouldn't be a bad idea for a site that hopes to grow, like I know TCG does, for us to have subsections like sports. Sprayin has a very good point, which was what I was hoping for, an actual reason to not like the idea. Off Topic is one of the busiest sections on here. My thinking was that people into sports would check that section regularly. But with his point, maybe things like recruiting people for fantasy leagues, etc is easier in a section that everyone sees. I think because I tend to use the site with live feed, I assume everyone views it that way and will see all the topics but that's really not the case. I dunno, there's reasons for and against. And I'm talking in circles. :rofl:

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score
They have one on Chitown and its DEAD. I feel like subsections just kill the amount of people that view. But I guess it could help get the right people in the right place. I'll vote yes for now, but if it backfires.........

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
i usually share the same feeling.

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
I vote no. Maybe if it were motorsports, being mostly a car forum, but otherwise I think it fits nicely into off topic.

Mr Baytchos

Reaction score
I think we need a motorsports section....with the racing seasons among us I know I would like some discussions around whats going on.

Could be one big sports section with a motorsports subsections or vice versa.

We could create official Nascar, Official F1, Official Supercross, Etc and do the same for regular sports. Official NFL, Official NHL, Etc.

Mr Baytchos

Reaction score
Also, the issue I have with it just being in off topic is that threads get lost pretty easily there and then people just create new ones. Instead we could just keep posting to the corresponding Official thread

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom