Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
This would have be an overwhelming vote for YES to have this go into effect (affect?) but I'll bring it up.

Seems to be a lot of sporting threads popping up as of late and I would consider adding a sports section (this could also include biking / bmx).

Please vote if you would like to see this happen.

Gypsy

TCG Elite Member
Sep 21, 2010
How many threads do you have that might fit into this new forum?

There's a Hockey Thread
A Fantasy Hockey thread (I think)
A Fantasy Baseball thread
A March Madness thread
A Fantasy Basketball thread
A Cubs thread
Fantasy Football
Nascar
A snowboarding thread
Threads for each sport usually to actually discuss. (there was a football thread running during season and a bball one through the playoffs last year.
Plus a bunch of random ones that happen for sports news (like Peyton Manning getting the boot)

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
There's a Hockey Thread
A Fantasy Hockey thread (I think)
A Fantasy Baseball thread
A March Madness thread
A Fantasy Basketball thread
A Cubs thread
Fantasy Football
Nascar
A snowboarding thread
Threads for each sport usually to actually discuss. (there was a football thread running during season and a bball one through the playoffs last year.
Plus a bunch of random ones that happen for sports news (like Peyton Manning getting the boot)

So like, 25 threads MAYBE? :dunno: I'm not feelin it myself, but I don't do sports really.

Gypsy

TCG Elite Member
Sep 21, 2010
:rofl: :rofl: This isn't one of my crusades. I honestly just think it wouldn't be a bad idea for a site that hopes to grow, like I know TCG does, for us to have subsections like sports. Sprayin has a very good point, which was what I was hoping for, an actual reason to not like the idea. Off Topic is one of the busiest sections on here. My thinking was that people into sports would check that section regularly. But with his point, maybe things like recruiting people for fantasy leagues, etc is easier in a section that everyone sees. I think because I tend to use the site with live feed, I assume everyone views it that way and will see all the topics but that's really not the case. I dunno, there's reasons for and against. And I'm talking in circles. :rofl:

Mr Baytchos

TCG Elite Member
Jul 8, 2007
Cortland, IL
Real Name
Anthony
I think we need a motorsports section....with the racing seasons among us I know I would like some discussions around whats going on.

Could be one big sports section with a motorsports subsections or vice versa.

We could create official Nascar, Official F1, Official Supercross, Etc and do the same for regular sports. Official NFL, Official NHL, Etc.

Thread Info