Movie Spider-Man: No Way Home

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Foxx sucks. I also realized how weak the villains were in the TASM movies as well as 3. Garfield is so underrated. All in all, I really liked the movie. I don’t critique the story line as long as I’m entertained and I most definitely was.

Reactions: Mook

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Lol

3F24756A-C8A4-46A0-849A-6BCA307B3E6A.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Mook

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Youve never seen Garfields TASM? Bruh, literally the best of all
Garfield has probably come closest to the cocky wise-cracking Spiderman of the comics. Spider-man's wise cracking usually borders on Rude, and Garfield got closest.

That said, I love the Toby McGuire films, cheesy as they can be at times (1 and 2 anyways, 3 is meh). Willem DaFoe and Alfred Molina can be endearing and sympathetic. Willem especially when he's Norman Osborn realizing the Goblin did something terrible.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Garfield has probably come closest to the cocky wise-cracking Spiderman of the comics. Spider-man's wise cracking usually borders on Rude, and Garfield got closest.

That said, I love the Toby McGuire films, cheesy as they can be at times (1 and 2 anyways, 3 is meh). Willem DaFoe and Alfred Molina can be endearing and sympathetic. Willem especially when he's Norman Osborn realizing the Goblin did something terrible.
Depends what part of life Peter's in as to who portrays him best. Garfield definitely has the older, veteran, cocky Peter/Spiderman down. He is the most enjoyable to me. Toby had the nerdy highschool Peter down but it seemed like he was a 30 years old in highschool when he first played the character. Holland has a different take on the character from the comics which makes sense since he's in the MCU. He looks the part of a young, highschool aged Peter and nails the morality of the character. I'm interested see how he matures the character now that the MCU is moving him into Spiderman's college years. IMO they are all great. Toby may be the weakest but since he pioneered the character before the days of mainstream comic book movies he seems to endure in the hearts of fans more than he maybe should. Andrew is my favorite but Tom has me most invested in the character. This is my take as I have been a huge Spiderman fan since I really got into the comics in the early 90's, about a decade before any of the movies were made.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Movie was good. Wasn't mind blowing but solid.

Jamie Foxx fucking sucks
Sandman was completely worthless
The first maybe half of the movie was somewhat of a bore and the attempted humor just felt forced and flat
Garfield stole the show was he arrived, dude deserves another movie...and it makes me want to watch his last two, which I never bothered with.
Was fun seeing the 3 of them interact.
Glad they didnt end it on a happy note.

Spot On review

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
So I finally saw this. Not sure the thread still needs spoilers, but

Movie was good. Wasn't mind blowing but solid.

Garfield stole the show was he arrived, dude deserves another movie...and it makes me want to watch his last two, which I never bothered with.
Was fun seeing the 3 of them interact.
Glad they didnt end it on a happy note.

I'd like to see Garfield as Spiderman again. Hopefully, with the Multiverse at play, we will get to see more of him. Especially since he made a comment that he stopped pulling punches. I'd like to see that version of him. It's very much like Affleck's Batman. A guy that has spent so many years trying to better Gotham and it's still a corrupt city with a never-ending supply of bad people. He can't win and it gets the better of him. He is violent and has little regard for saving people cares if he hurts them. "You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain." How much more would it take for this Batman to go over the edge? Same with Spiderman if he stopped pulling punches and became a brutal vigilante. To which I am sure could bring serious consequences. I think it could be a great storyline considering his motto of "with great responsibility..."

Really tho, my biggest problem was with Foxx and Sand. So useless. I was fine with the rest.

To include so many people in the film, you don't have time to develop much of anything with all of them. Even though we know their back story, there could be so much more they could have done if they weren't confined to 2 hours. A two-part movie or series on a streaming network would work much better.

They should have just kept it with Green Goblin and Doc Oct. They stole the show as others have said. It would have been cool to get Keaton in on it but oh well.

Even Green Goblin, I would have liked to see more of his struggle. The guy is smart. Make him more of a scheming, planned terror type guy. Not a come in, drop a kill, and bounce.

I am glad they did what they did with Doc Ock. Another brilliant person who was a villain that turns around? What potential that could be. But he's old, so I can't see his story continuing at all.

Foxx's character has the potential to be incredibly powerful with an Arc Reactor. Just a sidepiece here tho.

So did Dr. Strange manage to wipe peoples phones with messages and pics of Peter? Cause thats some FBI level shit.

ya, you have to try not looking into it too hard. It kind of ruins it. But I like that he is on his own again.

Also, it seems like Doctor Strange makes the worst decisions ever. Like over and over again. People who know better - "Don't do this. It's not to be messed with...". Ten minutes later he is doing exactly that. Lock this fool up already. hahaha

Also, I can't remember Spiderman being referenced in Venom. Was he? If not, how does Venon and Brock get into this universe by knowing of Spiderman being Peter? Are we to assume that because of their hive mind that he meets Peter in the future? Because not only can symbiotes know what other symbiotes have seen, but they also don't view time like humans do, correct? So he can assume he knows of Peter in the future? I was confused by them being transported.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
So I finally saw this. Not sure the thread still needs spoilers, but

I'd like to see Garfield as Spiderman again. Hopefully, with the Multiverse at play, we will get to see more of him. Especially since he made a comment that he stopped pulling punches. I'd like to see that version of him. It's very much like Affleck's Batman. A guy that has spent so many years trying to better Gotham and it's still a corrupt city with a never-ending supply of bad people. He can't win and it gets the better of him. He is violent and has little regard for saving people cares if he hurts them. "You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain." How much more would it take for this Batman to go over the edge? Same with Spiderman if he stopped pulling punches and became a brutal vigilante. To which I am sure could bring serious consequences. I think it could be a great storyline considering his motto of "with great responsibility..."

To include so many people in the film, you don't have time to develop much of anything with all of them. Even though we know their back story, there could be so much more they could have done if they weren't confined to 2 hours. A two-part movie or series on a streaming network would work much better.

Even Green Goblin, I would have liked to see more of his struggle. The guy is smart. Make him more of a scheming, planned terror type guy. Not a come in, drop a kill, and bounce.

I am glad they did what they did with Doc Ock. Another brilliant person who was a villain that turns around? What potential that could be. But he's old, so I can't see his story continuing at all.

Foxx's character has the potential to be incredibly powerful with an Arc Reactor. Just a sidepiece here tho.

ya, you have to try not looking into it too hard. It kind of ruins it. But I like that he is on his own again.

Also, it seems like Doctor Strange makes the worst decisions ever. Like over and over again. People who know better - "Don't do this. It's not to be messed with...". Ten minutes later he is doing exactly that. Lock this fool up already. hahaha

Also, I can't remember Spiderman being referenced in Venom. Was he? If not, how does Venon and Brock get into this universe by knowing of Spiderman being Peter? Are we to assume that because of their hive mind that he meets Peter in the future? Because not only can symbiotes know what other symbiotes have seen, but they also don't view time like humans do, correct? So he can assume he knows of Peter in the future? I was confused by them being transported.

Venom was explained by the Symbiote having multi-universal memory sort of thing. Its a throw away line at the end of Venom 2.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I know it’s been out on streaming, but I’m a snob. I want it maximum quality.

So I finally watched it for the 2nd time tonight. My original thoughts hold up. Especially regarding Willem Dafoe’s performance.

I easily regard his performance as high as Heath Ledger‘a Joker. Or Anthony Hopkins in his numerous roles.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info