Speed Inc GS Corvette Build

[email protected]

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
We recently brought in a new Grand Sport that our customer had ordered to his specifications. He drove it to get a few break in miles in before handing it over to Speed Inc for an A&A supercharger kit, mild blower cam, headers, suspension, and clutch install.

With around 400 miles on the clock, we started the build:

- A&A supercharger kit (with upgraded radiator for dry sump applications)
- Speed Inc SC2 supercharger grind (224/232 .581/.595 114)
- ARH 1 7/8 headers with off-road x-pipe to the stock cat-back
- Mcleod RST twin disc clutch
- LG G2 coil-overs
- LG G1 sway bars

With the mild camshaft, and the stock mufflers, the car idles and drives smooth and quiet. The customer is VERY happy with the street manners, stance, handling, and of course, the gobs of horsepower. This is a brand new car, and the customer didn't want anything that would compromise durability or drive ability. He was only looking for mid to high 500's at the wheels (achievable with out the camshaft, but the customer wanted the cam sound). We ended up with 625rwhp and 540rwtq! We continue to be impressed by the power, quality, and value of these A&A supercharger kits. They are our system of choice when it comes to forced induction C5/C6 vettes. Keep a look out for a C6Z06 that we're completing another A&A install on!

Outlaw

Reaction score
Gotta love working on brand new cars. No corrosion or any bullshit to deal with. I like it, he should've kept the 5-spoke GS wheels, but that's just me!

SWORN

Reaction score
Wish I had the kind of $$$$ to do something like that!

[email protected]

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Gotta love working on brand new cars. No corrosion or any bullshit to deal with. I like it, he should've kept the 5-spoke GS wheels, but that's just me!
I dont know, I think it looks really good with thoes wheels. :D

Outlaw

Reaction score
I dont know, I think it looks really good with thoes wheels. :D
No doubt about that, I'm just big on not "over playing" stuff. ZR1 wheels on a car that's not a ZR1 is like putting WS6 wheels on a V6 firebird, so, manchen's car.

Not bashing, still looks great, definatley jelly :bigthumb:

[email protected]

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
No doubt about that, I'm just big on not "over playing" stuff. ZR1 wheels on a car that's not a ZR1 is like putting WS6 wheels on a V6 firebird, so, manchen's car.

Not bashing, still looks great, definatley jelly :bigthumb:
Thats a big difference lol. I would say its more like putting WS6 wheels on a Trans Am which is acceptable.

Outlaw

Reaction score
Base C6<GS<Z06<ZR1

Ok, fine, like putting them on a formula, which I did. I'm just going to regress, as I've made myself perfectly redundant :s00ls:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom