speakers, receivers, preamps, amplifiers, subs, gear fo salesies

hey audio dorks, i got a whole mess of things available down at the sickmint79 audio emporium. unless i say otherwise, there is no remote included with whatever unit we're chatting about. all pics are from the intarwebs but i can post pics of my actual units if requested. ok got a bit less lazy so some pics of my stuff are in here as well. please don't ask me a bunch of questions if you can just google or read the manuals instead, i've listed links to many of them below. as a companion to my so many action cameras thread, i now have a so many audios thread.

moving in a couple months and some of these things are obvious things i should sell, others i may simply keep as well, kind of mixed. ie. i may just keep all my home theater components and squirrel them away, so i guess this is a mix of feeler / for sale.

onkyo tx-ds575 receiver
7198PT7YGBL.gif

70 x5 - 8 Ohm - 20 - 20000 Hz - THD 0.08%

a nice receiver but has some issues. i haven't had this plugged in for a while, but used to use it for my computer. iirc it works but the volume control is working very poorly. maybe that is a repair of a potentiometer? i don't know. it did not lead a taxed life and i would expect it to be rather salvageable. $20

marantz sr7000 receiver
80780228_614.jpg

this is my current computer receiver. most receivers are 12-18 lbs. this fella is 30 because it is built. the manual is here.
5.1. 100 Watts all Channels at 8 ohms, 20 - 20000 Hz - THD 0.09 %
$80

eO9IEtC.jpg

adcom gfs-3
Adcom-GFS-3-Speaker-Selector.jpg

speaker selector from adcom.
$30

denon dvd-2900
x033DVD2900-f_LD.jpeg

considered a hot boy in its day. mine works but the cover for the atual dvd tray came off. also for convenience you are simply probably playing dvds with something today that is good enough. high quality decoders nonetheless in this. $50
probably sounds way too high for any just a dvd player, nonetheless, i'm pretty confident this will go on ebay for at least this

denon poa-8300 amplifier
10799440-5041a__35293.1510741592.jpg

649324354_large_22c08a054f1b12a4d3d4a69fe27a6d1e.jpg

part of a pair of very famous amps. i included an open pic so you can see what is inside. it's really basically 3 mono amps. it was coupled with a poa-8200 to provide 5 powerful model channels. the 8200 was sold. my 8300 has some kind of damage from a moron shipping it poorly. it was physically depressed on the back side. my initial inspection inside didn't show something clearly physically wrong to me the last time i opened it up, but i am sure it was working when shipped originally, and i am not an audio repair expert or even amateur. a lot of pricey quality gear is in things thing and i think it is still salvageable and worth salvaging in the right person's hands.

this unit is also thx certified, and the actual fancy thx ultra certification, not the thx select thing they basically just licensed out for branding and put on computer speakers and everything else.

THX certified
120W + 120W + 120W, 20Hz-20kHz, <.02% THD
Triple monaural construction, each channel has its own power supply and discrete output stage
35 lbs
$125

rotel rsp-985 preamp
649330703_large_30e23bd352d15335326c47b2051a322f.jpg

this is a nice rotel 5.1 preamp with the manual here. this is also a real thx ultra, not thx select, preamp. i used it for years with my home theater. it has a remote, i'm too lazy to check which, which seems nicer and more modern than the remote i have with the next preamp listed below actually. i honestly do very little but change volume and the initial set up on either system. which tbh i recall being a little clumsy on both, yet both have worked set up for years for me. it was 2k new.
$180

rotel rsp-1570 preamp
rotel-1.jpg

this is a newer generation preamp from rotel with the manual here. i see it's funky remote is in this manual too, it is included as well. 7.1 but still 1080p. it was $2200 new and is 22 lbs of pre-amp alone - you need to attach an amp to get power to your speakers of course. not thx. some more specs here. it does have an odd quirk in that if i switch between audio sources there can be a hesitation where it seems to be deciding how to decode something. so if i start a new youtube video there might be 1.5 seconds of hesitation as it decides how to decode it. if i sit here and binge netflix i don't notice it or it just doesn't happen between episodes, etc. idna. this is actually hooked up right now. iirc i found the config clumsy but i also set it up once and forgot it. $450

rotel rmb-1095
lightest

1500724-rotel-rmb1095.jpg

look this is just an absolute monstrosity of an amp. it was 2k new. it weighs 75 lbs. it's thx ultra certified. it will kick your dog and fuck your girlfriend. it will make fun of you for reading like a nerd but the manual is here.
200 watts rms x 5 into 8 Ohms, all Channels Driven, 20 Hz - 20 kHz @ THD: < 0.03%
330 watts per channel @ 4 ohms!
$800

jbl psw-1200
7176303114_1afc2abe7d_m.jpg

i've used this with my computer for a long time now. 120 watt 12" powered sub. 43 lbs apparently? surprised on that one.
$100
is this sub too small for you? don't worry, i got your back bro:

svs 20-39 pc plus
AzFGHXp.jpg

this sub is not the most likely to pass a wife test, but it can shake the fuck all out of your house. i mean i don't even try to get weird with this thing but it's got some serious power to unleash on you. if you live in a condo or apartment you should be friendly with your neighbors, that is for sure. it was $900 new i believe. 55 lbs, 40" tall, 12" 525 watts. this thing is awesome.
i can't find anyone else selling these and i really like, so, this may be something i just squirrel away too.

sup bro? heard you liked bumps for your car too?

12" kicker solo baric series d
qWMKF6B.jpg

senior year high school me heard your call. if my grandma was still here she could even throw in a grilled cheese for you and my sister could annoy you for free.

0u9Mvqv.jpg

i have 2 12" kicker solo barics, series d. the last of the circular ones i think, certainly the last before they began squares. the reason why speakers are circles is to accurately construct sound waves. the reason why kicker turned theirs into squares was to move a little more air, but it certainly wasn't to make any higher quality sound. these fellas haven't been back in a car or hooked up since the last time i pulled them out for an autocross and got tired of doing so and putting them back in. quite fond of them though. 2 separate sealed boxes. these are selling amazingly high on ebay. as in 170 shipped without a box, wow. these boxes are nice and to spec. these were never used to the point of abuse. make me an offer but at the moment it looks like it will need to be a good one.

i got moar speakers, back to home stuff now.

all speakers that now follow are axiom audio. i've been using the black ones with my computer and cherry ones with my theater.

black m50ti
361093-axiom_millinea_m59_ti_speakers__nice_.jpg

https://www.cnet.com/products/axiom-millennia-m50ti-speakers/
$350

black m1ti
649386402_thumb_beddfe9bad1c119718c18fc38854b45a.jpg

Axiom Speaker Company Millennia M1 Ti Floorstanding Speakers user reviews : 4.9 out of 5 - 10 reviews - audioreview.com
$80

cherry m60ti
1564164-axiom-m60ti-speakers.jpg

https://www.cnet.com/products/axiom-millennia-m60ti-speakers/

cherry qs8 surrounds, w/stands
310_1527100088.jpeg

3XsnGEc.jpg

https://www.axiomaudio.com/qs8-surround-sound-speakers

vp-150 center
VP150CherryGrilleOff2_1.jpg

https://www.axiomaudio.com/vp150-center-channel-speaker
$1300 for the set

richard gray power company 400s
1073313-richard-gray-power-company-400s-line-conditioner.jpg

i think this is a 400s. it is quite heavy for its size, it's a little brick, ac power conditioner. $250

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
What’s the rms on that solo baric?

i think these are sold as just the woofer the rare time they come up on ebay because people don't want to ship the box. in any case the box is nice and built to spec. i found the manual here.

my brother and i were just chatting about this, trying to figure out if people buying these pay what they go for because they are simply us +20 years who really liked these things, or if it is really difficult to get something today of matching build and musical quality for what they go for, or what. in any case years 17-19 i think my brother and i combined went through something silly like 30 subs? and these were quite high on the list of what we enjoyed the most. i also have an infinity kappa 12" (green) sub that i think is dual voice coil, it's seen far better days though. probably works perfectly fine if you hook it up though, so i'll take a pic if anyone wants and ask i guess $20 for it.

these are 4 ohm speakers. so if you had both you could do a 2 channel 4 ohm amp or wire them in parallel for a mono 2 ohm load. 600 max watts on the spec sheet, which honestly i don't find useful, i think that means they are very likely to be 300 rms though. i wouldn't expect them to be difficult to drive.

Thread Info