• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Spark Plug Gaps

99GTPguy87

Reaction score
Just a quick question for you guys. I got some NGK TR55's to install into my 1999 GTP .. Just wanted to know what I should do for the plug gap? Also is there a certain tightness I should be applying when putting these in?

Thanks in advance
-Brian-

Royalgtp

Reaction score
They do not need to be to tight at all.....just turn till tight....thats all.

Gapping would depend on mods....

Are your NGKs 1-2 colder?

99GTPguy87

Reaction score
Originally posted by RoyalGTP@Aug 31 2005, 09:19 PM
They do not need to be to tight at all.....just turn till tight....thats all.

Gapping would depend on mods....

Are your NGKs 1-2 colder?
[snapback]96631[/snapback]​

My current mods are U-bend removal, new CAI , 3.25 pulley and aftermarket PCM ( DHP 1.0 ) And the spark plugs are one range colder

Also while im at it, what exactly needs to be done to install a new Tstat? and would a 180 be fine for me?

Royalgtp

Reaction score
195 is stock.....180 is aftermarket......yes get a 180

Are you sure your 3.25 is running ok? Scanned on a hot day or around the low 80s?

Check that KR first.

99GTPguy87

Reaction score
Honestly, I was running the 3.25 with just an aftermarket PCM and never had problems with it. Right now ALL I do is highway driving, and I personally believe that I wont have a problem with the mods if i get my plugs and tstat in place doing highway driving. I will be doing exhaust once I find a good place that will bend custom pipes for me, because spending 1000-1500 bucks for a full exhaust doesnt appeal to me. If you have any suggestions on that, that'd be great also.

My original question still needs an answer if anyone can help. I'm going to just assume it's same as stock or gap them around .056 or .057 or so.

Royalgtp

Reaction score
3.4 is a lot for most people with more mods then you....

Id protect the engine first and scan...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom