spark plug gap on the 3800

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
You drive this thing yet with the new plugs?

I did, after new plugs @ .057-.060 and new wires. Largest gap I found was .075, smallest was .072. It idles much smoother and its pulling harder in the upper RPMs. I want to get a scanner on it and see what its doing... might be time to bump the timing! :D

I went to replace the 1/2 shaft today too, but I didn't have a socket that would get the nut off the axle in the car... so I took the nut off the new axle to the store, and bought a deep 34mm socket. Brought that home and it wont get over the nut on the old shaft. :rant: SOOOOO.... I'm getting a 36mm socket tomorrow so I can pull the shaft out and get it replaced. The dead inside boot is spraying grease all over everything... I mopped a bunch of it up, but its a real mess.

I ALSO found out I needed tie rod ends. Got one side replaced... its much better already. Can't wait to get the other side done. It's going to be like a new car! :nannerpunk:

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
I went to replace the 1/2 shaft today too, but I didn't have a socket that would get the nut off the axle in the car... so I took the nut off the new axle to the store, and bought a deep 34mm socket. Brought that home and it wont get over the nut on the old shaft. :rant: SOOOOO.... I'm getting a 36mm socket tomorrow so I can pull the shaft out and get it replaced. The dead inside boot is spraying grease all over everything... I mopped a bunch of it up, but its a real mess.

I ALSO found out I needed tie rod ends. Got one side replaced... its much better already. Can't wait to get the other side done. It's going to be like a new car! :nannerpunk:

when i did the axle, tie rod ends and motor mounts on my lumina it felt the same way, and the axle nut took me surprise when i got in there, luckily my local napa let me borrow theirs so i didnt have to buy one

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Well got the passenger side shaft installed, and the drivers side tie rod end.

SUX because within just the last 2 days the drivers side shaft blew out the inside boot and there's grease everywhere. :fu:

I took the winter wheels off after finding out that one of the wheels is cracked and dented on the inside of the wheel... presumably pothole damage. :wtc: Time for new tires on the summer wheels too... $$$ just rainin' all over this damn car. Needs front brakes too. :mad:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info