Spaghetti Harley

TinMan

Regular
Feb 22, 2010
Lockport
New project:

mcenwk.jpg

1972/1973 AMF Harley Davidson (Aermacchi) Z90 2-stroke
The motor's stuck but it only has 503 miles on it, hopefully it just needs a hone and a set of rings. The gas tank was full of filth, going to have to clean that and do a few other things to get it ridable.

Oh yeah, and it fits in the back of my Scout II!

TinMan

Regular
Feb 22, 2010
Lockport
Thanks. The garage is full so I had my bro help me roll it downstairs into our basement. I just pulled the head and the cylinder looks really clean, but the piston is still stuck and it won't turn over so I'm going to let it soak for a few days and then try again before I pull the engine out and go through it.

Funny thing is I'd never even heard of this bike before, yet I've been looking for a small sporty "naked" bike just for riding around town in the summer ever since I turned 18. What do you know, exactly what I've been looking for an it shows up on a trailer in my driveway :smile:

TinMan

Regular
Feb 22, 2010
Lockport
I've been to that swap meet in Woodstock a few times before, it's pretty cool.
Before this ended up in my driveway it was covered in bird crap in the barn of a guy my brother works with at the local Yamaha shop. It had been sitting there for the past 20 or so years since he was younger and rode it.

The X90 is more of the trail version, but this is still considered an Enduro bike. I would surely ride it around the yard and fields in the area that I dirtbike on, but I don't plan on hitting any mud or jumping it. I would need a Evel Knievel helmet and a V-twin for that :p

Thread Info