Netflix Space Force [from the team that did The Office]

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I'm further into the season and the show is really improving, IMO. I see a lot of The Office type humor in it.

In this show, They take both the left and the right and make jokes about both. POTUS is an idiot. FLOTUS is sending them uniforms. The gay head of the scientists is neurotic. There's a comment about we're all Americans here and half the crew explain they're really not. So many stereotypes are being made fun of. I won't put big spoilers in but there is a lot happening in later episodes.

Reactions: Aircal

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Yeah, it had first season jitters but shows some promise of being able to develop into a decent show. The relationship between the Asian guy and the Captain is interesting. The head of the science dept. could be a great Spock combined with Sulu kind of character. Steve Carell plays the Space Force commander so straight it's funny. I'd lose the Sec. Gen. actor. Maybe the Air Force General, too. They're not good so far. Put Puddy in a bigger role. He'd be great as a main character. Hooyah!

The characters on the moon are great. You can almost imagine our government being so stupid they send types like this up in space. The Chinese astronauts are hilarious. They hit the Chinese stereotype perfectly.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Google users give it a 4.2 rating out of 5. 88% of viewers liked the show.

Compare this with Rotten Tomatoes 39%.

I used to like RT ratings but they have been missing the mark a lot lately. I think people were expecting Space Force to be the reincarnation of The Office in space and it isn't so they gave it a bad review. Can't fairly compare a first season series against a completed gem of television history.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info