Sous Vide Cheesecake

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I did a sous vide dinner party this weekend and served Italian beef sandwiches with cheesecake for dessert.

For the Italian beef, I pulled a bottom roast out of the freezer that I had previously vacuum sealed with Italian seasoning and salt and pepper already added. Tossed it in the sous vide bath at 135* for 24 hours. I should have taken pictures. Imagine perfect medium rare color all the way through the meat. I seared it in a cast iron pan with oil to caramelize the outside after it came out of the sous vide. Basically, a $3.00 a pound piece of meat had the tenderness of prime rib.

The star of the night was the sous vide cheesecake. I followed the sous vide everything youtube recipe but I added some lemon zest and a teaspoon of lemon juice to give it a hint of lemon flavor. I also baked the crumbs at 325* for 12 mins. to give them some firmness. Here's the recipe:

This meal was a big hit. Sous vide is awesome at tenderizing tough, cheap meat and, it turns out, awesome at making cheesecake. Make sure to leave the cheesecake in the fridge at least a day for better texture. 2 days firms it up even more. I served the cheesecake portions with extra crumble, sliced moon drop grapes and whipped cream.

8S9WzJL.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Flyn
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list