• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

soon to be installing off road h-pipe Q's

LBSVT93

Regular
Aug 7, 2006
I am going to be installing a h-pipe on my 04 cobra soon and need some advice. First does anyone know what socket size the bolts are?, also since my car is an 04 I take it I am going to need 02 extenders and mills correct? Any other advice also will help thanks,

I am planning on a mac h-pipe with flowmaster catback hopefully this wont be to hard to install. The car only has 6800 miles on it so hopefully the bolts arent that rusted.....

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
Dont forget a propane torch! :-o You'll see what I'm talking about. But like he said ^^^ pretty straight forward. 15mm socket, swivel, extension (s), and ratchet. The job is 1000 times easier if you get a good Snap On ball type swivel/socket. But if you use a universal swivel wrap the center of it with electrical tape. It makes it alot easier to use. :biggthump

smith876

Displaced Chicagoan
Mar 29, 2004
KC, MO
I was told if you have your rear o2's turned off in your tune...you will not need the MIL-eliminator's. I just threw the stock o2's back in when I installed my o/r pile, and have not gotten any lights, errors, or nuthin.

On my '03 I did not need the extensions, but I believe that the 04's have the wiring harness in a different area, or have then snugged tighter.

My stocker came off no problem at 8000 miles, all i did was spray generously with lube the night before working on the car.

Dragon03

Super hated on
Mar 28, 2007
smith876 said:
I was told if you have your rear o2's turned off in your tune...you will not need the MIL-eliminator's. I just threw the stock o2's back in when I installed my o/r pile, and have not gotten any lights, errors, or nuthin.

You are correct you can kill the rear O2 senors thru the tune and you will not need the MILs. I had that done when I went thru my last tuning.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info