soon to be installing off road h-pipe Q's

LBSVT93

Reaction score
I am going to be installing a h-pipe on my 04 cobra soon and need some advice. First does anyone know what socket size the bolts are?, also since my car is an 04 I take it I am going to need 02 extenders and mills correct? Any other advice also will help thanks,

I am planning on a mac h-pipe with flowmaster catback hopefully this wont be to hard to install. The car only has 6800 miles on it so hopefully the bolts arent that rusted.....

Bigturbonotch

WAIT AND SEE
Reaction score
Pretty straight forward job, get some extensions and a universal swivel might be needed. You are right, you will need mil elim's and o2 extensions. You will see its not that bad at all, good luck.

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Reaction score
Dont forget a propane torch! :-o You'll see what I'm talking about. But like he said ^^^ pretty straight forward. 15mm socket, swivel, extension (s), and ratchet. The job is 1000 times easier if you get a good Snap On ball type swivel/socket. But if you use a universal swivel wrap the center of it with electrical tape. It makes it alot easier to use. :biggthump

smith876

Displaced Chicagoan
Reaction score
I was told if you have your rear o2's turned off in your tune...you will not need the MIL-eliminator's. I just threw the stock o2's back in when I installed my o/r pile, and have not gotten any lights, errors, or nuthin.

On my '03 I did not need the extensions, but I believe that the 04's have the wiring harness in a different area, or have then snugged tighter.

My stocker came off no problem at 8000 miles, all i did was spray generously with lube the night before working on the car.

noavgcobra

Reaction score
i used the 02 simulators and extension on my mac prochamber and i have an 04...street stuff in addison has them in stock if your looking for a quick purchase

jaykruger

Juiced, ported and blown
Reaction score
smith876 said:
My stocker came off no problem at 8000 miles, all i did was spray generously with lube the night before working on the car.

:ditto:

Sprayed it up with some WD-40 and Rust Release they day before and it comes of great, might be the most easy one I have ever done.

Dragon03

Super hated on
Reaction score
smith876 said:
I was told if you have your rear o2's turned off in your tune...you will not need the MIL-eliminator's. I just threw the stock o2's back in when I installed my o/r pile, and have not gotten any lights, errors, or nuthin.
You are correct you can kill the rear O2 senors thru the tune and you will not need the MILs. I had that done when I went thru my last tuning.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom