Car has 2.93 upper 4# lower
60# fuel injectors, diablosport MAFia and predator
C and L intake
steeda cated x pipe
Rebuilt t56 with about 7K on it
Centerforce DFX clutch, Ram flywheel, Pro 5.0 short shifter
Autometer boost gauge
AFCO single pass aftercooler

SRA swap with richmond 3.73 gears and all bearings and seals replaced, gt brakes in rear with new rotors,calipers,pads and stock exhaust from an 04 mach 1 with stainless tips...

Engine devolped a tick at about 39K miles, i drove it for a while saving my money up for new heads, In june i purchased the heads from a local dealership, They are the newest updated heads, I replaced all gaskets associated with the headswap and replaced the headbolts, New timing chains, tensioners, and guides...

Started the car... ran for about an hour, tick free...And then the tick was back, and has gotten louder progressively over the 800 miles or so since i put the heads on..When the car heats up it is pretty loud.

Its not a knock but a loud tick/clacking noise...Car has good oil pressure( verified with mechanical gauge) and is still making good power...

Windshield is cracked in upper DS corner from a baseball
Spoiler is cracked
Minor door dings, yada yada yada..

Asking 16,500 OBO

The car should not be driven until fixed and car is sold AS IS..

My name is Pat and i know a bunch of people on here...lilred302 can vouch for me and the car and the MIND BLOWING noise...

Jun 18, 2006
hmmm... Can you post some pics? Hook a brother up with a VIN and location..
i can post pics for him in a little bit

why does it have 60lb inj ........?
the car was going to be making more power, we wanted to be safe, until the tick came back

did this car have a procharger on it?
no it did not

so how do u know the engine is hurt? it just ticks? can u tell where about? upper lower front rear?? more info and pics please

if i rememer correctly the tick sounds like it is coming from driver side on top. i will let pat chime in to make corrections if i am wrong.

Jun 18, 2006
boof.jpg

000_0003.jpg

000_0004.jpg

l_74d875122df8c995484766dee6183749.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info