3800 Son of a!

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
I've been in Bowling Greeen Kentucky now since Thursday for the 5th annual F-Body Reunion (at corvette Assembly Plant)

Pretty cool (it's over today)

We saw the first truck loads of Z06's ship from the vette factory
We got a tour of the factory and saw them building several Z06's

I won some pretty cool items... I got two large pontiac flags (official GM... ) and I got an Autoshow Impala SS thing on Plexi-glass (only w-body item offered and I got it cheap)

But the kicker is...

Tonight we're at a hotel... one of the big wigs @ GM drove a C6 Z06 (not a production model... LS7 and all..but some minor things not the same as the production... like the Z06 emblem lacking the 505 in it)

well... tonight we're at one of the hotels hanging out, the GM guy is there as well and we're talking about a particular reason to go to Detroit for the autoshow on January 9th.... well... i didn't bring a chair w/on the trip... so he sees me standing and says he has an extra in the back of the Z06.. hands me the keys and says "you can pull it up here if you want" ... (it was on the other side of the hotel, so not like a huge distance) ...

But .... I had to decline :( Cause I don't know how to drive stick and didn't feel it wise to learn on a 70k sports car heh (once moving I can drive stick... but reversing, getting moving, and stopping I sux0r at :p :D)

So that's my story from this weekend....

oh... and the Z06 Corvette rear tires... 325/xx/19 (not sure of aspect ratio) .... things are HUGE!!!!

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
Originally posted by LeeGTP@Sep 18 2005, 02:58 AM
Did you take any pictures?
[snapback]98164[/snapback]​

Only a few... but my buddy Tim (we caravaned down here, and split a hotel room.. oh FYI I'm NEVER staying in a hotel w/out wireless or at least wired internet again!) has taken over 375.....

Including my GTP racing F-Bodies today ... er yesterday :) Unfortuanetly my only wins were when I was the only one racing..... only 1 V6 F-Body there and never lined up next to him.... though I did trick a few newbs by deep staging hehe)

Once he has them online (we drive back home later today) II'll post up the pics of the Z06 (unfortuanetly no pics of the production Z06 .... no electronic devices allowed in the corvette factory.... including cell phones)

I

imported_Theautoguy

Originally posted by horist@Sep 18 2005, 01:45 AM
...But ....  I had to decline :(  Cause I  don't know how to drive stick and didn't feel it wise to learn on a 70k sports car heh  (once moving I can drive stick... but reversing, getting moving, and stopping I sux0r at :p :D)
[snapback]98163[/snapback]​

That is proof that God has a peculiar sense of humor! :p

That's just not right, I trust you dround your pain with some sort of vice.

Come on out to Rockford and I'll let you learn on our powerhouse VW Fox!

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
Originally posted by Theautoguy@Sep 18 2005, 12:59 PM
That's just not right, I trust you dround your pain with some sort of vice.

indeed i did... Zima Black Cherry :) that shit's good :D

though after finishing off 6 bottles (4 at the hotel room, other 2 were before the chance to drive the Z06 heh) .. next mornin (this morning) I wasn't feeling that great... drive back home sucked at first heh....

though once I went off on my own (the buddy I went with was going too slow for me... so I went on ahead) it went by pretty quickly ... weaving in and out of traffic (70mph speed limit on I65) leap frogging w/other people going 95mph w/me .. forcing people to go to the right lane.... 480 miles (shoulda been less but I took I65 to 30 to 394 hoping to hit 294 but the ramp was closed so had to detour around.. sucked) in 6.5 hours isn't bad .. if not fo the detour I'd have mae in in just about 6 hours

I will be learning stick before this time next year however.... cause I know there's going to be a few other cool new (pre-production) GM cars at next years event .... and if given the same opportunity ... I will definetly want to drive it :D

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
DSC01370.jpg

Those are the flags I got... they were amongst the very few pontiac items available... not bad for 30 bux each... they're silk screened so the pontiac logo and word is part of the flag material... not jsut decals.

Also got a big ole Impala SS "best in class supercharged power" autoshow thing on plexiglass... i'll snap a pic of it. It will most likely go up for sale locally though

More pics from Bowling Green:
http://www.camarohighway.com/BG2005

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info